Chapter 4

I was just done with cleaning the house up. That was exhausting like hell. I walk upstairs to my room and take a cold shower feeling so fresh. I brush my hair and wear a white v-neck t-shirt and black sweatpants. I think of what to cook for dinner. I cook stuffed sweet potatoes. Then I hear the doorbell ringing. Yay! It's Dad! I open the door and what the fuck?! Dad and Michael are in front of me.

"Come in.", I say awkwardly.

"Baby, I missed you!", my father says.

"I missed you too, Dad.", I say and hug him tightly.

He hugs me back and kisses my forehead.

"Umm, hi, Mr Jackson.", I say.

"Hello, Miss Brown.", he says and shakes my hand.

"Have a seat.", I say and smile awkwardly.

I make the table and put the plates.

"Bon appetite!", I say and sit down.

"Thank you.", Michael says.

I nod politely and then give him a death glare. We all start eating and I keep thinking about why the fuck Michael is here.

"Well, how have you been, Dad?", I ask.

"I'm good. I got a new girlfriend. Her name is Mabel.", he says.

Shit! I hate it when he has new girlfriends. Like seriously?! I manage to fake a smile.

"Oh, great!", I say a bit sarcastically.

Michael looks at me and smirks.

"I know you hate it but we have to move on.", he says. "It's been nine years."

"Yeah, yeah.", I say sarcastically.

"Never mind. I don't wanna argue today.", he says. "How have you been doing being Michael's new assistant?"

I give Michael a death glare.

"It's great. Mr Jackson is nice as hell!", I say evilly.

"Don't dare bother Florence!", my father says.

"I said he's nice as hell, Dad. Chill.", I say.

My father looks at him.

"Yeah, alright.", he says. "How has been Florence doing with you, Michael?"

"Oh, Miss Brown. She's truly great. She's doing her job so good. Don't think there's an assistant better than her.", he says.

I raise my eyebrows amused and smirk.

"That's my girl.", my father says and smiles.

I smile back.

"I wonder when you would want to meet Mabel?", he asks.

"Whenever.", I say coldly.

He sighs and shakes his head.

"Is next week alright?", he asks.

"Mhmm.", I hum and fake a smile.

I continue eating and I see Michael staring at me. I make a face and roll my eyes.

"Excuse me.", I say and stand up.

I go to the kitchen and get three glasses. I pour some wine there and put them on the table.

"Thanks, baby.", my father says.

"Thank you.", Michael says.

I nod politely and sit down.

"Where are Max and Bella?", my father asks.

"Oh, they're probably sleeping now. It's already night.", I say.

"Michael, I wanna thank you so much. You've done a great job being the boss. When I fired the other boss, I thought you are the best at this position.", my father says.

"Thank you so much, John. Miss Brown is also helping me so much.", he says and smiles at me.

His smile is perfection. I try not to smile back but I just smirk. We all finish eating and everybody puts the dishes back in the dishwasher. Just as my father is about to sit on the couch, I grab his hand and run with him into my bedroom.

"Why the hell is Michael Jackson here?", I ask.

"I brought him with me because I met him while I was driving here. Did he do anything to you? I swear if he did I will kick his ass.", he says.

"He didn't. He's just annoying as hell. You know that already.", I say.

"You chose to be the assistant and you could've been the boss, babygirl.", he says.

"Mhmm.", I hum and sigh.

"The offer will never be taken, sweetie.", he says.

I nod. He kisses my forehead and hugs me. I hug him back kiss his cheek.

"Let's go back downstairs. It's so rude if we leave him.", he says.

I sigh and nod. We go back downstairs to find Michael talking on the phone.

"No!... I'm not an idiot!... Who the fuck do you think you are?... No!... I saw it with my own fucking eyes.... Bye!", I hear him say.

He hangs up and grunts. He looks at me and my father.

"I'm sorry.", he says. "It was very nice meeting you, John. And thank you, Miss Brown. Goodbye."

And with that he leaves the house and leaves me and my father confused. Me and my father look at each other confused and sigh. He opens his arms and I jump in them. He picks me up and sits with me on the couch. I lay on his lap and he plays with my hair.

"I missed you, babygirl.", he says.

"I missed you too, Dad.", I say.

"Well, why are you so mad at Michael?", he asks.

"I'm not mad. I'm just pissed off.", I say.

"What did he do?", he asks.

"He gives me so much tasks but it's my job. So yeah, it's alright.", I say.

"I can make you be his boss.", he says.

"No, Dad. This would be so unfair.", I say.

"Whatever.", he says and shrugs. "I got you a present!"

He stands up and gets a Dior shopping bag. He gives it to me.

"Open it!", he says.

I open it and see the new Dior beige heels.

"Aww, thanks Dad!", I say and hug him.

"You're welcome, honey. You deserve it.", he says and hugs me back.

We keep hugging for so long until Max and Bella run to us. My father pats his knees.

"Hey, you too.", he says and they jump on his legs.

He keeps playing with their hair.

"Dad, I'm sorry but I will have to sleep because I have to work early tomorrow.", I say.

"Okay, honey. Good night.", he says.

"Night!", I say and run upstairs to my room.

I wear a gray lace spaghetti strap top and gray lace shorts. I set my alarm for tomorrow and fall on my bed.