Chapter 14

"Why are you here, not at his sister's house or something?", I ask.

Don't be so fucking silly, Florence. You need to rush to him now! I'm so heartbroken. What if anything happens to him. I'll blame myself my whole life. Please God! Don't take him.

"He came to the police station a couple of days ago and said that if anything happens to him we come to you.", he says.

I raise my eyebrows impressed.

"Is he at the hospital?", I ask.

"Yes, ma'am.", he says.

"I'm going now.", I say.

I grab a beanie and a jacket and run outside to my car. I drive to the hospital. I go to the front desk.

"Where's Michael Jackson?", I ask.

"Room 846.", she says. 

I run to the room and find him laying on the hospital bed with his eyes closed. I start to cry quietly. I get next to him.

"Michael?", I whisper.

He opens his eyes and looks at me. The doctor comes in. I quickly stand up and rush to him.

"What happened?", I ask.

"He got into a car accident with a drunk driver. He has a concussion, a broken leg and a sprained shoulder. They'll heal soon but he's in shock and right now he just needs to be mentally stable.", he says.

I nod slowly digesting this shit. This is all my fault. I walk back to Michael and sit on the chair next to his bed. I hold his hand with both my hands and kiss it.

"I'm sorry.", I whisper crying.

"Don't cry.", he says sorely.

I quickly wipe my tears away and look at him. I kiss his cheek rub his arm gently.

"I'll take care of you until you're alright.", I say.

"You really shouldn't do-", he starts.

"I didn't ask.", I say.

I see a nurse come in.

"Umm, madame, when is he gonna get out of the hospital?", I ask.

"He's alright but I recommend he stays the night so we just have an eye on him.", she says.

"Thank you.", I say and sit back next to Michael.

I kiss his forehead and hold his hand.

"Are these pajama pants?", he asks looking at my pants.

"Yeah. I came rushing. What should I do?", I ask embarrassed.

"You are so sweet.", he says and smiles.

I smile and give him another kiss on the forehead. I see a lot of people come in. I stand and hold Michael's hands helping him sit up.

"So, Florence, this is my family. This is my mother and my father.", he says pointing at two people.

I walk towards them.

"Hi, I'm Florence Brown.", I say and shake his mother's hand.

"I'm Katherine. So nice to meet you.", she says and smiles.

"Nice to meet you too.", I smile.

"I'm Joseph.", his father says. "Are these pajama pants?"

I look at my pants and blush.

"Well, Joseph, she came here right after she heard the news unlike you who probably went out shopping before coming.", Michael says.

I smirk as I hear Michael defending me.

"Oh, hi, Florence!", one of the girls who were with him says and pulls me towards her.

"Hey.", I say awkwardly.

"I'm Janet, Michael's sister.", she says.

I smile and shake her hand.

"I'm sorry about Joseph.", she whispers.

"It's alright.", I say.

I greet all the other people and stand next to Michael.

"I'll change my clothes and come back.", I whisper.

"You seriously don't need to. Don't give a fuck about Joseph.", he whispers.

"No. I'll be there in 30.", I say.

He leans up and gives me a kiss on the cheek making me blush.

"Thank you.", he whispers.

"Don't mention it.", I say smiling.

I run out of the hospital and go to my car. I drive to my house and get in. I'll wear something smart. I wear a white top, brown wide-leg pants, black open-toe heels and a brown coat. I get a black handbag and do makeup. I spray my signature perfume and fix my hair. I feed my dogs and drive to the hospital like a maniac. I get into Michael's hospital room and his family is gone.

"I'll stay with you the night.", I say.

"You shouldn't. I'll be alright.", he says.

"I also didn't ask.", I say and chuckle.

"Thank you.", he says.

I sit on the chair next to him and hold his hand with both my hands kissing it.

"I don't deserve all this.", he whispers.

"I know.", I say and chuckle.

"I-I need to tell you something.", he stutters.

"Mhmm.", I hum.

"I don't want whatever between us to end. We can just take it slow. Please don't leave me.", he says.

I take a deep breath. What should I say? What if he still uses me for sex? Should I be right or kind? Ahhh! Right! No, he needs to be mentally stable. That's what the doctor said. I'll just be kind this time.

"Fine. But you won't just mess around. Huh?", I ask.

"Yeah.", he says softly and smiles.

I stroke through his hair and massage his head gently.

"Mmm.", he moans softly.

"Am I hurting you?", I ask.

"No.", he says and shakes his head.

I keep massaging his head and move to his neck. He lets out a soft moan and bites his lip.

"You need to sleep.", I say.

He sighs.

"Okay. Where are you gonna sleep?", he asks.

"I'll just sit on the couch and close my eyes.", I say.

"We can order an extra bed.", he says.

"No need for this.", I say and smile.

"You sure?", he asks.

I nod.

"Goodnight.", I say and give him a kiss on the forehead.

"Night.", he says and smiles.