4. Hey Princess.

LAYLA
"Is it too late now to...." I dismissed the alarm.

"I'm up. I'm up." I said sitting on my bed.

I yawned then rubbed my eyes to see well.
The time was 6:50am.
Stupid alarm, always waking me up. I would have slept more, but I want a proper bath today.
Why can't there be night time for twenty four hours.
Oh wait.... not after what happened in fairy old parents.
I stood up then stretched and walked towards my full body mirror.
I practically cringe to the sight of how I looked.
I mean I knew I was ugly but why the hell do I look like a drool monster.
Other girls get sexy bed hair while I just get a nest on my head.
I shivered looking at myself again then I walked towards my bathroom.
***
I walk out of the bathroom and into my walk-in closet. I come out later covered in high waist Jean and hoodie crop top.
I sat in front of my dressing mirror to do my make-up.
Minutes later, mum walked in and her smug expression turned into one of surprise.
I'm guessing she was not expecting me to be ready.

"You're ready?" She asked with surprised evident in her tone.
My guess was right.

"Yes mum I am. Can I have breakfast today?" I asked her as she nodded.

I carried my bag and my phone then walked down the stairs towards the kitchen.
I dropped my phone in my bag then dropped my bag on the kitchen counter.
I carried a plate then rinsed it and clean it with a paper towel. I poured a reasonable amount of cereal then poured my milk in it.

"I would never believe the way you eat cereal, you are as weird as your father." Mum said shaking her head.

"Says the woman who pours milk before the cereal." I muttered mixing my cereal and the milk properly before I started stuffing my face with it. Mum glared at me before sitting down in front of me.

"Here I packed your lunch for you." Mum said handing my rectangular plate over to me.

"What did you pack." I asked her.

"An avocado, frizzy soda, chicken and chips." She replied making me beam.

"Avocado?" I asked with a frown.
She knows how much I hate avocados.

"You need it in your system baby girl. It's healthy." She said trying to convince me.
I collected it knowing I wouldn't eat it eventually.

"Come on, let's go before we both get late." Mum said as we both stood up then walked towards the door.
We walked out and mum locked the door from behind her before we walked towards her car. She open the door automatically with her remote instead of the key.

"Are you sure nothing happened at the library yesterday." Mum said immediately we both entered the car. I knew this discussion was not over.

I sighed then looked at her "Mum I already told you nothing happened okay." I said remembering Finlay.

"I just want you to know you can trust me okay? I'm your mum and I love you." She said then started the car then started driving.

"Mum what make you think something happened?" I asked playing with my fingers.

"I'm a mother baby, it's called mother instincts plus your face became red when I asked you if anything happened. Originally I asked because you came late." She explained.

"Actually I met someone." I said to her and she beamed.

"Who?" She asked.

"His name is Finlay and he's in my English class." I replied.

"He? Baby girl be careful because all this teenage boys just want sex." She advised and I looked at her blankly.

"Mum you know I don't talk to people. If you don't want him to be my friend, I can easily avoid him." I said to mum but she shook her head negatively.