11. Who said I love you?

LAYLA
After eating and talking to Dad. Derrick said he had something to do so he ran upstairs before we could question him
"I'll be right back." I said then followed him.
I got to the front of his door then took a deep breath.

"Derrick." I said knocking slightly.

"Sis?" He asked.

"Yeah it's me." I replied.

"Come in." He said then I opened his room then entered the door.
His room was painted neon red and had a lot of shelves.

"Are you here to talk to me or stare at my room?" He asked bringing me back to reality.

"No... Well yes to talk to you." I said then walked to his bed and sat next to him.

"What happened between you and Alexander? I noticed your mood was off tonight." I explained then he started tearing up. This isn't Derrick.
The only time he cried was when he saw his dad's dead body.

"He.... He is in love with Maxwell and I'm in love with him. I tried convincing him that Maxwell is straight but he said he won't love if Maxwell doesn't love him. He doesn't see how much it hurts me, he really doesn't. I've had eyes for him ever since I came here and now I just found out the boy I love loves his best friend." He said with tears running down his face.

"Look brother I'll advice you even though I'm terrible at it. But there's this saying called if you want something go for it." I said then put a hand on his shoulder.

"I see you really love him because of how sad you are right now." I said then sighed.

"Make him love you. Show him that you'll be there for him no matter what. He's not in love with Maxwell okay it's lust." I said as Derrick looked at me with a hopeful expression making me nod.

"Thanks sis that means a lot." He said then pulled me into a hug.
I hugged him back tapping his back slightly.

"So will you go get your man?" I asked as he nodded happily.

"Now let's talk about you and Finlay." He said making me choke on air.

"Whatttt?.... Me and Finlay? Hahahaha." I laughed nervously making him roll his eyes.

"You see you're rarely nervous and now I mentioned Finlay and you're choking on air." He pointed out.
I pulled my hand out then looked at my imaginary watch.

"Oh would you look at the time. It's let's go to bed and not talk about Finlay 0' clock." I said then stood up slowly backing away.
He shook his head in amusement then laid on his bed.

"Goodnight." He waved at me as I opened his door then walked out and closed it behind me.
I got to my room then touched my chest. My heart was beating fast. What's that?
I shrugged then laid on my bed and soon I slept off.

"Wake up wake up wake up." Someone yelled in my ear shaking me vigorously.

"Shooooo.... Go away." I said then slapped the person on the face.

"Ouch sis.... What the....." The person exclaimed.
I opened my eyes slowly to see Derrick holding his crimson red face in pain.

"Ouch.... Did I do that?" I asked giggling slightly.
Derrick just glared at me.

"Oh just get ready. Your dad's taking us to school today." He said making me jump in happiness.
It's been long dad took me to school.
I think the last time he took me to school was when I was at pre school.
Derrick just walked out but not without glaring at me one last time.
I gladly walked into the bathroom then stripped inside.

"Come on Layla. What are you even doing?" Dad yelled impatiently making me roll my eyes.