9. Plastic doll.

LAYLA
It was already Monday and I was prepared for school but Derrick was taking so much time.

"Derrick!" I yelled once more and he came running down the stairs.

"I'm ready." He said immediately he reaches where I was.

"I wonder if you're a girl because of the amount of time you waste on your appearance." I said as we walked out the door only to see mum tapping her feet in impatience.

"You act as if I'm not gay." He said rolling his eyes.

"Did you press snooze again?" Mum asked throwing me accusing glances.

"Huh no Derrick was being gayish in front of the mirror." I replied then walked towards her car.
I stayed there for a while before she and Derrick appeared in sight.
She opened the door then Derrick and I entered the back seat and Derrick locked the door from behind him.
Mum entered the driver's seat then locked the door and looked back at me.

"So Layla, you'll take Derrick to the principal's office okay?" Mum said.

"Yes mum." I said then she drove off.

"We're here." Mum said then unlocked the doors for us.
Derrick and I walked out.

"Be good Derrick." Mum warned making Derrick roll his eyes playfully.

"Yes captain." He said with a salute.

"Bye Layla." Mum said then drove off.

"She didn't even wait for me to reply." I said with disbelief written on my face as we walked into the school premises.

"I took your spot as her favorite child sis." Derrick said following me.
I noticed some girls ogling over Derrick making me roll my eyes.

"Where's our first stop." Derrick asked me.

"My locker." I said then we walked to my locker.
I put it my combination then my locker opened.
I carried my schedule and I cringed.
I was having Physics, English, Maths, gymnastics and biology.

I put all the needed books in my bag then close my locker.
I faced Derrick and was about to talk when a Barbie, wearing little clothes, approached us.

"Hey hot stuff, you new here?" The Barbie asked Derrick ignoring my existence.

"Yeahhhh?" Derrick said with a raised brow.

"Wanna go make out and leave this loser." She said looking at me with disgust.
Ahhh... So I'm not invincible.
Derrick cleared his throat and I grinned.
He's gonna roast this plastic.

"Look plastic doll, I don't know what gives you the right to insult my twin sister. I don't know what gave you the courage to come talk to me, aren't you meant to hit plastic Ken instead of real humans. My sister ain't no loser. You know why? Cause she wears clothes even though she's sexy as hell. I'm sorry if I said tiny words, I realized you little brain won't be able to comprehend big words." Derrick insulted making her huff in anger.
She glared at me once more then she stormed off.

"Did she not get the part where you said I was your sister?" I asked in confusion looking at the place the Barbie doll followed.

"I'm not surprised, she's got plastic for brain after all." Derrick said making me laugh.

"You have to each me to insult that way." I wheezed out, still laughing.

"Okay little apprentice." He said then shook his head.
"She's one of the reasons girls disgust me." He mumbled incoherently.

"Come on, let's go to the principal's office." I  said then hung my bag on my shoulder.
I started walking and Derrick followed me and soon we got to the principal's office.
I knocked and I heard a faint "come in" so I entered with Derrick.