19. I Got The Part.

~2 YEARS LATER
~LAYLA
"Promise me something babe." Finlay had said that night when we were dancing outside.

"Yeah?"  I had said.

"Promise you'll never hate me no matter what." He had said.

"Why will I hate you?" I had asked.

"I don't know. If I just happen to leave you one day. Wouldn't you hate me?" He had asked. I figured there was something hidden in that statement but I didn't think too much of it.

"I won't hate you. Dislike you yeah but hate you no." I had replied admiring the ring he gave to me. A trace of sadness flashed through his eyes before it vanished.
I wasn't lying because I wouldn't have hated him and I still don't hate him.

I cried remembering prom night. The last night I had seen Finlay. He stopped texting me or contacting me since that night. I was worried so I decided to go to his house only to find out his mum sold it. I learnt from his neighbor that his mum was diagnosed with brain tumor and she had divorced Finlay's dad. I also realized that they traveled to Thailand to stay with Finlay's aunty for some time.
I tried calling him but his number wasn't even going through. I looked at the ring then burst into fresh tears again.

"I miss him." I cried while Mikayla stroked my hair. We were presently in Mikayla's new mansion. Mikayla was a big author now since her book "Diary of Depression" became a movie. It was about someone who was bullied at school and suffered physical abuse at home, she had written about her whole life before she committed suicide. It happens to be a coincidence when someone who was also suffering from depression wanted to commit suicide but found the diary on time and she dealt with the bullying then became a therapist for depressed people. Her book got many views so a movie company contacted her and she accepted.

"I wish Derrick was here." Mikayla said with a sigh. Derrick was at Australia with Alexander. They went there for college.

"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you." I cleaned my tears.

"You're my best friend so don't ever say you're bothering me okay. If I see that bastard, I'll rip him into half." Mikayla seethed referring to Finlay.

"Now go get ready for the audition. The director won't like it if we delay the judges." She reminded me. Yes I was planning to act instead of going to any science course. I figured I wanted to explore life now. Be different people and live their lives. I was auditioning for one of Mikayla's book which was called "The Good Girls and The Bad Boys." It's about three girls who were transferred to a new school and they crossed paths with the school's bad boys. Coincidentally the goods girls and the bad boys like each other but at the same time didn't like each other. I stayed back instead of college and of course my parents agreed, while Mikayla went to college for only a year. Maxwell got an admission into Yale while Psalm got one into NYU and their relationship still works out. I envy them a lot.

"Okay." I said then stood up. I walked to the bathroom, cleaned my face and walked out then we prepared to go.
* * *
"Oh thank goodness you two are here on time." The director said walking towards us.
She snapped her fingers and a girl walked towards us. She collected the script and tag the girl was holding and handed it over to me.

"That's your script, you need to memorize it. That's your number, you're number five." She said then walked away.
Mikayla and I walked towards two empty seats then sat down.
There were three male and drool worthy judges at the front.

"Number one." Judge two yelled.
A slut looking girl walked towards the stage then grabbed the mic.

"Name?" Judge one asked.

"I'm like Lorna Cecelia Johnson." She said.

"Okay you're auditioning for good girl number three, do what you're here for." Judge three said.