chapter 04: The Condition to Go on a Blind Date

Tang Shi ignored Tang Minghai’s roar and didn’t even raise his eyelids. He took out a bottle of mineral water from the fridge and drank it in one gulp before turning to look at Tang Minghai standing in the living room.

“If you want me to agree to a blind date and help you open the capital market, I can help you but only on one condition.”

Tang Minghai was clearly stunned. Tang Shi had refused resolutely just now, but now accepted the off after spending a moment in his room, which was strange.

Ning Qin was delighted when Tang Shi accepted the blind date. Because she could chase this disgusting man away as soon as possible and also the blind date would help Tang Minghai’s business expand to the next level. The biggest beneficiary was undoubtedly Tang Qi. However, Tang Qi didn’t think so. As soon as he heard Tang Shi’s words, his face sank.

Tang Minghai did not continue to roar because things were getting better. “What condition?”

Tang Shi pinched the empty bottle in his hand which made a noise, “Give me half a million now.”

Ning Qin gasped. She glared at Tang Shi, anger in her eyes. Tang Qi was also surprised by Tang Shi’s request.

Tang Minghai frowned. “Why do you need so much money?”

Tang Shi shrugged and said matter-of-factly, “You shouldn’t have forgotten it. You promised that you would reward either of us a car if either of us went the best university in the city. You didn’t buy a car for me when I got admitted to the university. Now that I graduated from university, you haven’t bought it yet. On the contrary, Tang Qi received a new car worth hundreds of thousands the first day he got enrolled. Isn’t it too much to ask for 500,000 yuan?”

Tang Shi was currently very short of money because he needed to prepare a lot of things. The end of the world was coming soon, so he had to prepare in advance.

Tang Minghai’s face sunk. Ning Qin suppressed the anger in her mind and blamed, “You really are a troublesome son. You know your father’s company has been in a difficult time recently. Now you want 500,000 yuan. We don’t have so much money.”

Tang Shi looked at his stepmother. In his past life, in order to blend in this family, he had to give up everything so that everyone took him for granted.

Tang Shi looked at Tang Minghai and said confidently, “This is the only condition I would agree on. You should have already calculated the benefits from opening the capital market. 500,000 yuan means nothing to you. If you really want to give up the capital market for this little amount of money, it’s fine with me.”

Tang Qi walked downstairs and said loudly, “You are overconfident in yourself. You don’t know yet if he is going to like you. What makes you think you can help father open the capital market?”

Tang Shi smiled. “This is true. But whom do you think he would choose between you and me?”

In terms of appearance alone, Tang Shi was definitely much better-looking than Tang Qi. Tang Qi resembled Tang Minghai. He was a tall, masculine man, half a head taller than Tang Shi.

Tang Qi immediately blushed and said angrily, “Don’t think everyone is as disgusting as you!”

Tang Shi’s eyes narrowed. The only thing Tang Qi cared about is the ‘treasure’ he had. That was why Tang Qi tried very hard to stop him going on the blind date and thus Tang Qi could have a chance to go and meet Yan Xu instead. Tang Qi’s purpose was to destroy all his supporters and completely isolate him.

“Enough!” Tang Minghai was indeed a businessman. He had done the math in a short amount of time, although he was not happy about it. “As long as you succeed in bring the business to me, I’ll give you 500,000 yuan!”

Great! Tang Minhai agreed! However, Ning Qin had yet to agree. When she heard that Tang Minghai actually agreed, she immediately opened her mouth and said, “You can have the money, but we have to make it clear. Now that you have half a million, that’s all you will take from the family. You will get nothing from the family, no matter if you’re married or buying a house or whatever you’re doing. You’re old enough to be self-independent.”

Ning Qin’s idea was brilliant. If she could send Tang Shi away with only 500,000 yuan, Tang Minghai’s business would be guaranteed, and also Tang Qi would be the only heir to the family’s wealth. Besides, they didn’t have to spend another penny on Tang Shi.

Tang Shi sneered in his mind. He knew very well how much Tang Minghai’s assets were. Putting aside the fact that the cars he owned were worth several million yuan, the houses he owned in the city center were worth a lot of money, let alone the company’s assets. No matter how much money they had, they wouldn’t be able to buy their lives at the end of the world.