chapter 21: First Batch of Cards

Wu Weiguo’s eyes were sharp and he asked, “You mean, in that chaotic situation, a hero appeared and killed the monster with a long knife? How likely do you think that is? What kind of person could successfully defeat a monster that was hard to kill by blades and spears and also carried poison?”

The officer answered, “According to those who were the first to escape, there was once a young man who took a long knife and fought a way out for himself and the rest of the survivors. But we haven’t found that person among the survivors who were under watch.”

Wu Weiguo stood up and paced back and forth in the office with his hands behind his back.

After the incident, he personally went to the site and found many poisonous corpses that had been beheaded. According to his judgment, they were indeed beheaded by a sharp blade. In a room on the fourth floor, he also found a female corpse whose head was cut off, a male corpse that was shattered into countless pieces, and a blue spider that had never been seen before. From the chaotic situation, it could be easily seen that there must have had a severe fight. Was it possible that a man in the room was powerful enough to kill a spider monster? It was incredible. But there were many evidences to prove the existence of such a person.

“Does anyone know that person?” If there was such a person, they must find him.

“No one knows him. From what the survivors described, that person is only in his twenties. He is very young and quite good-looking.”

“Continue interrogating the survivors. Make sure we know all the details and try our best to find this person.”

“Yes!”

Obviously, neither Jiang Mengyao nor Wu Bo was lucky enough to live to the end. Otherwise, they would recognize Tang Shi.

Tang Shi, who had avoided the danger, was currently watching TV in his apartment. The TV was broadcasting the “Meteor Rain” that happened last night, attracting countless men and women to make wishes to it. Tang Shi silently looked at the light across the night sky in the camera. It had been some time since the Sleepless Town incident. The news of so-called “Meteor Rain” incident would be blocked by the relevant departments. It was not meteor rain that fell. It was the earliest Card, a signal of the beginning of the end of the world.

When the earth collided with the alien world space to a large degree, the order and space fragments of the two worlds would produce a mysterious power, which was how the Card was made.

After the end of the world, the original social system on Earth would be completely changed and humans would usher in the era of cards. In the card era, the weak were prey to the strong. Strength was all that mattered. Everything else was inferior to absolute strength!

The existence of the card was very controversial at the end of the world. Many people thought that the card was the hope for human survival, while some thought that the card was the source of disaster.

The card can be used by people, or it can be activated on its own, in which way it would turn into an ownerless creature who would attack humans.

City of Fall was also attacked by the “Meteor Rain”. Many buildings were smashed and some people died. The citizens of the city howled and surrounded the government gates every day to seek justice. The government was now in a big mess because they didn’t know what to do. All they could do was to appease the citizens who came to make a scene.

None of these things had anything to do with Tang Shi. Although he was eager to get the first batch of cards, he was impossible to conquer and use these cards as he was not a awoken yet. Instead of wasting time on something useless, he would rather do something that was actually beneficial to him.

Tang Shi secretly got a hunting gun through his classmate. He was ready to use it when the tunnel opened for the second time.

The gun could only be delivered to him tomorrow. Tang Shi looked at the element energy crystal on the small grids and decided to visit Yan Xu.

After the creatures die, the element energy crystal must be taken out as soon as possible before it disappeared in a certain amount of time. The element energy crystal that was taken out couldn’t be exposed in the air for long because the element energy would fade away. The small grids inborn by the survival system were quite useful. The time in the grid was constant. Put the element energy crystal in. There was no loss of element energy, which made Tang Shi relieved.

When humans absorb element energy, their physical bodies would be strengthened as well as all other aspects. If you are weak or seriously injured, as long as you can absorb the element energy, then the element energy will help you strengthen your physical condition and repair your damage. However, during this process, the amount of element energy that you consume will be determined according to the degree of weakness and injury to your body.

Element energy could not only help humans in the early stage of awakening, but also repair physical damage.