chapter 13: Join a Birthday Meeting

Tang Shi sat in front of the bar, ordered a glass of wine, and slowly drank it, waiting for the end of the world. He wore the self-made element energy collector on his left wrist. The three pointers stopped at 12 o’clock at the same time. Once the alien space opened, the element energy seeped over and the pointer on the element energy collector swung. The stronger the element energy was, the greater the pointer swung.

Someone patted his shoulder. “Hey, Tang Shi!”

Tang Shi turned to look at a young man. He couldn’t remember who it was. “You are…”

The young man jumped over and shook Tang Shi’s neck. “What the fuck! It’s been a long time since I saw you. You actually forgot about me?”

Tang Shi remembered that this person was Wu Bo. He was his colleague from his first job after graduation. Tang Shi did not go to work after his rebirth. It was more than a week for Wu Bo, but for Tang Shi, they had not seen each other for more than three years.

“Wu Bo, I remember you. Let go of me. You are making me vomit.”

Wu Bo let go of Tang Shi and pulled a tall chair over and mysteriously said, “Are you still not giving up on Jiang Mengyao? You know that Director Xu invited her to celebrate her birthday tonight, so you’re here to celebrate her birthday?”

Tang Shi smiled and didn’t say anything. He heard the rumor of course.

Jiang Mengyao was a classmate from Tang Shi’s University. She was really pretty and was publicly acknowledged as the most beautiful girl in their college. Coincidentally, she and Tang Shi had applied for the same company, Jiang Mengyao was hired before than Tang Shi. When they were found out that they were classmates back in university, their colleagues started to gossip about them. They guessed that Tang Shi came to the same company because he was pursuing Jiang Mengyao. Many thought that Tang Shi and Jiang Mengyao were born to be a couple. One was handsome and the other was beautiful. However, the manager of the company, Xu Jun, was chasing after Jiang Mengyao. Therefore, he regarded Tang Shi as a love rival, so he picked on Tang Shi wherever possible at work including language assaulting.

In his past life, because Tang Shi had fallen out with his family, he needed this job to support himself, so he endured and finally got a nickname-Loser!

He didn’t go out with Jiang Mengyao but only got this nickname. Tang Shi didn’t know that there was a birthday party because he had resigned and left the company at that time.

Wu Bo was a gossip man. When Tang Shi said nothing back, he took the silence as a yes. He quickly pulled Tang Shi upstairs. “Come on. Let’s go. They said that all our colleagues are invited to the party. Why did they leave us out? Let’s go and have fun.”

There was also a reason why Wu Bo was left out. He also wanted to chase after Jiang Mengyao. Of course, Xu Jun, a petty man, would not invite him.

Tang Shi was dragged to the private room upstairs by Wu Bo. It was a disaster to meet an acquaintance at such a time.

When they opened the door, the noisy private room immediately quieted down. More than ten people looked at the door at the same time. Wu Bo greeted with a smile, “Sorry, I’m sorry. We’re late. Beauty Jiang, Happy Birthday! I came in a hurry today. I’ll give you the present after.”

When Jiang Mengyao saw Tang Shi, she softly said, “It doesn’t matter.”

When Xu Jun saw them, his expression immediately turned ugly. However, in front of Jiang Mengyao, he would not do anything that would damage his image. He only said sarcastically, “Hey, two rare guests, it’s rare to see you, Tang Shi. You have not been working for so many days without any reason, and you don’t even apply for it. Are you going to quit? Your salary for this month is not enough to notch off the money you should pay for the leave.”

After Tang Shi entered the door, he did not go over. Instead, he sat on the sofa and watched Wu Bo and Xu Jun talking back and forth. They seemed to have a nice communication, but in reality, they were being mean to each other.

After Tang Shi arrived, Jiang Mengyao’s gaze drifted over from time to time, which made Xu Jun feel sour. That made Xu Jun move the subject over to Tang Shi again.

Wu Bo said, “Tang Shi didn’t care about the salary. Working is just a way of kill time. I heard that Tang Shi was born in a rich family. His father was a businessman and he was a big figure in the business world of City of Fall.”

Wu Bo deliberately said this in front of Jiang Mengyao. After all, he and Jiang Mengyao were impossible to go out. He couldn’t let Xu Jun win.

As he anticipated, when Xu Jun heard this, he immediately said with a sour tone, “Relying on family is not something you should be proud of. Men must be able to make a career on their own. For example, I have reached my current career on my own. That is why I am speaking this proudly.”

Wu Bo chuckled, “So funny! This is the time to compete your family background. Even if you work hard to death, you can’t beat a rich man’s son.”