chapter 05: Buy up With Half a Million Yuan

“I want the money now, and I promise I won’t spend a cent of you in the future,” Tang Shi promised. He was in urgent need of money now. After this month, no matter how much money he had, it would be in vain. Therefore, he didn’t ask a large amount of money.

When Tang Minghai took out a card from his leather wallet and threw it to Tang Shi, Tang Shi reached out and firmly grasped it with his fingers.

Tang Minghai said, “You will find more than half a million yuan in the card. Prepare for a blind date!”

In terms of business, the problems that could be solved with money were not problems at all. Therefore, Tang Minghai didn’t hesitate to give the money out as an asset he invested in advance.

Tang Qi was so angry that his body trembled. He glared at Tang Shi before turning to go upstairs.

When Ning Qin saw that her son was unhappy, she hurriedly followed him. As soon as she entered the room, Tang Qi yelled at her, “What are you doing?! Let him go on a blind date? What if that man happens to like him?!”

Ning Qin was confused. “It’ll be better if the man likes him. In the future, all of the Tang family’s assets will be yours. No one will compete with you anymore.”

Tang Qi asked impatiently, “How much asset does the Tang family have? The Mei family’s ancestral treasure is much more important! It is a secret for thousands of years! He is the only blood passed down from the Mei family. He has the treasure for sure! Do you still member that father married Mei Xue for the sake of the treasure? As far as we have gone, why do you give up? What the hell are you thinking?”

When it came to this matter, Ning Qin was angry. It was painful for her to watch Tang Minghai to marry Mei Xue back then. In the end, the Mei family’s treasure turned out to be a rumor. Luckily, Mei Xue died, but she didn’t expect the birth of Tang Shi. She wished that the little bastard would die immediately. Now that she could send him away with only 500,000 yuan, she was exceedingly happy.

“Don’t think about the treasures anymore. Your father has given up long ago. Why are you still thinking about it? It was best to learn business from your father. Quit looking for the treasure!” They shouldn’t have believed the rumor in the first place, otherwise they wouldn’t have wasted so much time and energy. Although it was hard to believe, a fact was a fact. If the Mei family really had their ancestral treasures, they would have already dug out the treasures and become super rich. There would be no need to hide the treasures all the years. The fact was that there are no treasures at all.

Tang Qi still didn’t give up. “There is no absolute thing in the world. There is always a reason why there is a rumor. Besides, this legend has been told in Town of Mei for thousands of years. It cannot be a lie. It is just that no one has found it yet. I will never give up. I will find it. The key to the secret must be Tang Shi.”

Tang Shi returned to his room and locked the bedroom door. He walked into the bathroom and locked it too. Standing in front of the mirror, he lifted his t-shirt and looked at his left chest. There was nothing, but Tang Shi knew that the secret of the treasures passed down by the Mei family was hidden in his left chest.

At the end of the world, when he was in near-death danger, there was a red plum pattern on his left chest. It was gorgeous like blood. At that time, Tang Shi’s outfit was too worn out to cover his chest. Tang Qi happened to see it. That was what made Tang Qi gouged his heart out in the end. Unfortunately, Tang Qi didn’t have the bloodline of the Mei family, so it was useless for him to have Tang Shi’s heart.

Tang Shi supported him on the sink with both hands and looked at himself in the mirror. In this world, there were only three people whom he could cherish: his mother, grandfather, and Yan Xu who he had yet to meet in this life. His mother and grandfather had already passed away. The only person who was still alive and whom he could rely on was Yan Xu.

In this life, he would not let anyone hurt him and Yan Xu again!

Tang Shi picked up the blade on the bathtub and stabbed hard into his palm. As the blood gushed out, he lifted the t-shirt and smeared the blood in his palm to his left chest. He repeated the process a few times in case the blood was not enough to show the secret.