chapter 09: Old time

It was not something that Yan Xu anticipated. Quite a few people who wanted Yan family’s help had tried their best to introduce young beautiful men to him. He had seen quite a few of them. When those who came over with a great hope saw his appearance, those brave ones tried their best to put on a calm attitude towards him, but those coward ones ran away at a glance of him before they even had come in his house. Tang Shi’s reaction surprised Yan Xu. He assumed that Tang Shi didn’t see his face because of the cap which covered most part of his face. So he took off the cap and threw it away.

Tang Shi glanced at Yan Xu once he came back with drink. The burn on his left face was really scary. Tang Shi had seen much more horrible things at the end of the world. How could he be scared by a burnt face? He passed the Red Bull over to Yan Xu. Yan Xu liked to drink Red Bull, which Tang Shi already knew. Tang Shi got a bottle of mineral water for himself and took a big gulp.

Yan Xu had been observing Tang Shi’s reaction. Tang Shi didn’t act much at the sight of his face. Was it because Tang Shi was slow in reaction or because he was not afraid at all?

Tang Shi stared at Yan’s intact right face for a while and smiled as he seemed to read Yan Qi’s mind, “You are quite good-looking, except that you have an unique scar on the left side of your face.”

Yan Xu was indeed very handsome. When Tang Shi had met him in his past life, Yan Xu had already recovered. If Tang Qi hadn’t told him, he wouldn’t have known Yan Xu’s past and his burnt face. At that time, Yan Xu had sharp eyes, tall nose bridge, and long eyelashes, which made him very attractive when he squinted his eyes.

Yan Xu looked at Tang Shi. “Aren’t you afraid of how I look?”

Tang Shi shrugged and teased, “You are a human at least. What’s there to be afraid of?”

He had seen too many scary alien races. Compared to them, a human was not scary at all.

Yan Xu laughed, which rarely happened. He didn’t take it to heart that Tang Shi said that he was not afraid of him. He took it as a joke made by Tang Shi who tried to comfort him.

In last life, Tang Shi did not show up at the blind date. It was possible that Yan Xu had assumed that Tang Shi was afraid to see his face. What Yan Xu didn’t know was that Tang Shi didn’t even know that he was a disabled person at that time. Tang Shi didn’t agree to a blind date because he didn’t want to accept Tang Minghai’s arrangement. It was a simple gesture to deny his father.

In last life Yan Xu recognized him when they met again later. Tang Shi guessed that perhaps because he escaped from the blind date with Yan Xu, Yan Xu had thus hated him, which was why Yan Xu put on an attitude towards him. However, Yan Xu was not a petty man. He wouldn’t be like that. At that time, Tang Shi was often lectured by Yan Xu for not using his brain to think things thoroughly.

Whenever Yan Xu had scolded him, Tang Shi would get very angry and would always argue back. Now come to think of it, a simple-minded and powerless man like him was able to live three years at the end of the world all because of a few good friends he had met. He was lucky enough to get help from nice men. But unfortunately, in the end, not only did he lose his life, Yan Xu died because of him.

The last time he had been on a mission was to kill a level-five alien species. Based on Lu Chuan’s evaluation, it was a low risk mission, and it was very cost-effective for him to get the resources of  level-five alien species. After Yan Xu knew about it, he yelled at Tang Shi for being so stupid. How could he be so stupid to kill a level-five alien species with him being the awoken level-four? Tang Shi didn’t take Yan Xu’s words into consideration. Although he was a level four awoken, with the help of Lu Chuan and Tang Qi, the three of them would definitely kill the level-five alien species as a team. Tang Shi was so angry with Yan Xu’s yelling at him, and thus went out on the mission.

On the day of their departure, Yan Xu tagged alone in an excuse that he happened to go to the same place for a mission. It turned out that the alien species was not a level-five one, but a high-level. In the critical time, Yan Xu successfully injured the alien species, which drew its attention to Yan Xu alone. When he led the alien species away, Yan Xu shouted at Tang Shi, “Don’t be so single-minded in the future. You have your own opinions. Never trust anyone!”