chapter 29: Complete Descend

Yan Xu turned back to the bedroom and opened the bedside safe. Inside, there was a handgun and a box of bullets. He quickly pulled out his marching bag from a cabinet and put it into his bag. Before he could zip it up, a ball of fiery red light flashed across the window. Then, there was a loud 'bang' as the earth shook violently. The window glass was shattered and the furniture collapsed. Even the ceiling lights fell. It went dark in the room.

The big fire balls outside kept smashing into the ground. There were continuous loud noises and the earth shook violently. It was as though the earth was about to be torn apart by a monster. Noises and the sound of the earth shattering were here and there. There was sharp noises, like the sound of wind swirling, or the deadly roar of Earth after suffering great pain.

In the endless darkness, only the flames across the sky fell to Earth. The end of the world was spectacular and desperate. In the face of the disaster, the house was like a helpless lonely boat on the surface of the sea. It shook violently and walls peeled off. The people in the house couldn't stand up at all. Yan Xu lay on the ground, covering his head. Tang Shi and Jiang Huai were knocked down on the sofa.

Yan Xu stumbled out of the room with his marching bag in his hand and roared, "Let's go! Quickly get out!"

Tang Shi and Jiang Huai were not slow. They jumped up and ran to the door in the dark. Of the three of them, two of them were soldiers who were quick-witted under any circumstances, and the other, Tang Shi, who had experienced the end of the world, was agile too.

Tang Shi shouted while running, "Grab something to defend yourself! There may be man-eaters in the white fog!"

Although Tang Shi said so, there was no time for them to find protective item as the building would collapse at any time, plus it was too dark to see anything. After they left the house, quite a few residents had already run outside. Some people only wore their underwear. They thought it was an earthquake and they would be buried alive if they were slow.

Tang Shi knew very well what it was. Of course, this was not an earthquake. If it was an earthquake, the buildings would collapse in the blink of an eye. There would be no chance for them to run. The big fireballs were the cards wrapped around a layer of element energy shield! The power of those cards falling was no less than a space meteorite!

When they ran to the empty space downstairs, the fire was gone and the ground no longer shook. Only the white fog was there.

The building where Yan Xu lived was lucky because it was not hit directly. Otherwise, they wouldn't even have the chance to escape. However, the neighboring building was not so lucky. The card that directly smashed through the building, and the entire building collapsed.

The residents gathered downstairs sighed when the quake had disappeared. But before they could catch a break, they found something even more serious!

A resident's voice trembled as he said, "Fog! It's this fog again. I've seen it in the sports field. It was the same fog that covered the stadium..."

The person who spoke was also there to watch the performance at the time. He was fearful for sure.

Just as everyone was staring at their surroundings with fear, screams came from not far away. At first, there were only a few screams. Soon after, there were cries of help everywhere. The people who managed to escape the 'earthquake' with great difficulty looked around with the horror.

Tang Shi roared, "Go back! Go back to the house! There is something in the fog!"

After saying that, he took the lead to run back, followed by Yan Xu and Jiang Huai. They absolutely believed in Tang Shi's judgment. After all, he had experienced it twice and survived.

"What if there's an earthquake later? I don't want to be buried alive. As the TV says, there are aftershocks after the earthquake? Who dares to go upstairs?"

Obviously, there were a lot of people who had the same thought as that person. They were all standing in the white fog and hesitating whether to go back until a person was dragged into the white fog by an unknown object. They screamed and started running back. But it was obviously too late. The hunter had already arrived. How could they let go of their prey?

The three of them had just run to the second floor when they heard the screams from below. Yan Xu paused. After serving the military for many years, there was no way he could walk away from the innocent citizens. He turned around to try to save people, but he was dragged by Tang Shi. "Let's go back! You can't save them! Now the fog is too heavy. Let's wait when the fog goes away!"

Yan Xu only thought about it for two seconds and accepted Tang Shi's opinion. It was fine to save someone as possible as he could. But if he couldn't save anyone even by sacrificing himself, it would be useless.

Jiang Huai opened the door, and they ran into the house, quickly closed the door and locked it from the inside. It was then that they could catch a breath.

Yan Xu returned to the bedroom in the dark and took out a flashlight from the drawer. Finally they could see things under the light. As the window glass was broken, the mist outside had gotten into the house. Tang Shi and Jiang Huai both sat on the ground, panting heavily.

Yan Xu also sat on the ground and took the guns and bullets out from his bag. One by one, they were stuffed into the spear shrapnel. "What could it be in the fog?"

"No matter what it is, don't go easy when you see it," Tang Shi said, "There have been blue spiders in the city, and they are all poisonous. As long as they touch you, you will definitely die. People killed by the big spider will soon stand up and become poisonous corpse who attack people. There are three eyed monsters in the stadium. They look like humans but eat people. Apart from the head, they eat every part of human bodies.".

Yan Xu looked serious as he pushed the gun shrapnel.

Jiang Huai got up and went to find a defensive weapon. He removed a gym machine in the room and got two metal poles. He gave one to Tang Shi, and left one for himself.

Tang Shi's knife was in a small space grid and it was not proper to take it out. He felt the metal pole in his hand. It was heavy, and high quality judging from the weight and material. It was nearly 150 centimeters long and both ends had a spiky connecter of 10 centimeters which could be harmful.

Tang Shi left three level 0 element energy crystals for himself and took out the rest. There were only six, one of which was a level 1 element energy crystal. He said to Yan Xu, "The burn on your face has not recovered. It means that the energy you just ate is not enough. Take more."

Tang Shi gave Yan Xu four element energy crystals, including the first-class element energy crystal. Tang Shi handed the remaining two to Jiang Huai. "These two are for you. They will help you enhance physical strength. I don't know what will happen next. It is more important to improve our strength quickly."

Yan Xu and Jiang Huai didn't eat them, having the element energy crystals in hands. Yan Xu asked, "What about you?"

Tang Shi answered, "I have eaten a few before. My current physical strength is definitely better than yours."

Yan Xu waved his fist at Tang Shi abruptly and quickly. Tang Shi raised an arm to easily defend it.