chapter 08: Going on a blind date

Tang Shi stood in the room, looking at the calendar on the table. He had to say the date was perfect. It happened to be this very day.

The meeting time was in the afternoon. Tang Shi had already gone out early. He went to see a house that he was going to move in later. Once the end of the world came, City of Fall did not fall in an instant. Several safe zones survived for several months. At that time, millions of lucky survivors gathered in the safe zone. Therefore, the houses there was worth a fortune. In the midst of endless panic and despair, every community was packed with people. There was no much room to sit, not to mention food.

In his past life, Tang Shi was also a member of those refugees. He had nothing to eat and he couldn’t move a bit from his spot at a corner of a garden. In this life, Tang Shi had a chance to prepare for it. He was about to rent a comfortable house in one of the safe zones so that he could have a place to stay at the end of the world. As for the Tang family’s small villa, it was located in the worst-struck place in the end of the world. At that time, they could only run for their lives.

Tang Shi chose a house on the fourth floor. He didn’t choose one at a higher floor. Once the end of the world came, the city was damaged in a large area and there was no water or electricity supply shortly afterwards. The apartments on higher floors such as the tenth floor to higher were simply disasters because they had to take stairs by then. The apartments on lower floors were dirty and noisy. Therefore, fourth floor was just fine. Tang Shi immediately paid the rent after examining the house. The owner of the house would fly abroad in the next two days, so he rented the house. Tang Shi paid the rent very quickly . He only rent half a year.

After he dealt with the house rent thing, it was almost time to meet the blind date. Tang Shi grabbed something to eat before he took a taxi to the place. Two days ago, Tang Minghai gave the address of the meeting to Tang Shi. He told Tang Shi that he should go to visit that man because it was no convenient for the man to get outside. Therefore, Tang Shi went to the man’s home.

Tang Shi arrived at the very community. Once he confirmed the right building and room number, he knocked on the door.

After a long time, the door was opened. It was a tall man who answered the door. He was wearing a loose green t-shirt, big trousers, slippers, and a cap on his head. The brim of the cap was very low, so low that Tang Shi could only see his chin.

“Tang Shi?” The man asked as he recognized Tang Shi through the brim of the cap.

“Hello, this is me!” said Tang Shi politely.

It was weird to wear a cap at home and the brim of the hat so low, which was kind of creepy. If Tang Shi hadn’t recognized the sound of Yan Xu, he would have left. But this man was the exact reason what brought Tang Shi here today, Yan Xu, his blind date.

“Hello,” Yan Xu moved slightly aside to let Tang Shi in.

Tang Shi noticed Yan Xu’s rigid left leg and hanging left arm. He didn’t ask any questions but walked in and closed the door.

Yan Xu turned around and walked back. He dragged his stiff left leg to the living room. Tang Shi slowly followed behind him. Before he died in his past life, Tang Qi mentioned that Yan Xu was once a soldier. When he was on a mission, he was seriously injured and almost died. In the end, he was rescued, but he became crippled. The left half of his face was also severely burned, which was very scary.

It was a short distance from the door to the living room, but it took Yan Xu a lot of effort to finish the journey. By the time he finally sat on the sofa, the collar of his t-shirt was already wet with sweat, leaving a dark watermark on it. It had been two years since Yan Xu was injured. In the past two years, his figure wasn’t changed at all. He was still lean and sturdy and very explosive. Obviously, even if he was injured, he didn’t give up excise.

Tang Shi sat down on the sofa opposite him.

Yanxu said, “It’s not convenient for me to get a drink for you. The drink is in the fridge. Be my guest!”

Tang Shi didn’t refuse the nice gesture. He came on such a hot day. He was really thirsty. He got up and went over to get a drink and asked, “What do you want to drink? I can get one for you.”