chapter 19: Prepare to Leave

Tang Shi closed the door and locked it again. He looked at Wu Bo’s mess and his clothes which were stained with blood. Tang Shi had been holding the knife in his hand to prevent any accidents. “How is it going outside?”

Wu Bo took a few breaths and yelled, “What the fuck! Xu Jun is such an asshole. When we went downstairs, we ran into a rotten person who attacked us. He actually pushed me over as a shield! Luckily I was standing on the stairs at the time. I pushed the rotten man down the stairs.”

Wu Bo was agile enough. After rolling downstairs, he saw that it was a chaos there. People were attacking each other, while some people’s skin was rotting seriously, spitting saliva from their mouths and gnawing at others. As soon as Wu Bo saw this, he thought of the walking dead he saw from the American TV series. He leaned against the wall and swooped into the bathroom next to him. He locked the door and hid for a long time before finding an opportunity to run back.

Quite a few people rushed out of Sleepless Town. The outside was completely shrouded in white fog. Screams were heard as soon as some ran outside. The others were so frightened that they no longer dared to run outside. They could only turn around and run upstairs. Wu Bo joined in them and ran upstairs. That was how he survived.

Wu Bo was still venting his anger and shouted, “Has Xu Jun the asshole returned? What about the others?”

Tang Shi pointed to the corpse on the ground. “Xu Jun is under your feet.”

Wu Bo looked at the meat on the ground and finally spotted Xu Jun’s head by the wall. When he saw the big spider being cornered between the wall and the sofa, his eyes widened in shock. “This… what the hell is this?”

Tang Shi said calmly, “Ghost spider. It is dead now. Those rotten people are infected by it.”

Wu Bo and Jiang Mengyao both stepped far away from the big spider. The three of them took one corner each. Tang Shi was still sitting on the sofa and watching the time from time to time. Jiang Mengyao curled up in a corner and stared blankly at the corpse on the ground. Wu Bo sat on the ground, his hands grabbing his hair and his head.

When it was 11 o’clock, Tang Shi stood up with the knife in his hands. The other two who had been tense all along immediately stood up.

“What’s wrong?”

“Leave here,” Tang Shi said and walked to the door.

Wu Bo chased after him and said anxiously, “We can’t leave. Those who go out are all dead. There’s a dense fog outside!”

Tang Shi said, “We can leave now.”

Right at this moment, a long siren sounded. The Sleepless Town was surrounded by police, followed by the sound of sirens and gunshots.

Wu Bo and Jiang Mengyao were overjoyed. They opened the door and rushed out! Before Tang Shi say anything, the two of them ran away.

Although they could leave, it didn’t mean they could leave safely.

Tang Shi waved his hand to put the knife into the grid, picked up a bottle on the coffee table and walked out. It was very chaotic on the corridor. The survivors hiding in the private rooms rushed out as soon as they heard the sirens. They ran towards the stairs, but there were still many venomous zombie wandering downstairs. The survivors jammed at the stairs and couldn’t go downstairs.

Tang Shi didn’t jam himself with those people. He stood at the end and paid attention to everyone around him. If a person got infected and attacked others, the consequences would be terrible! Tang Shi’s worry quickly became true. Suddenly, there was a scream from the crowded staircase. A woman’s neck was bitten by someone beside her. Blood splashed everywhere. Someone in the crowd was infected!

The crowd screamed and scattered. Tang Shi quickly retreated and leaned against the wall, staring at everyone passing by. When a survivor passed by Tang Shi, he paused and pounced at him. Tang Shi smashed the bottle of wine right on the man’s face. The rotten flesh on his face splashed everywhere, and Tang Shi kicked the venomous zombie away. He didn’t run backward but headed straight for the stairs.

For two hours after the end of the world, Tang Shi had already absorbed 0.8 single-digit, thanks to the element energy collector. With the element energy, his speed, strength and agility was much powerful than ordinary people. When others saw someone running towards the stairs, they immediately ran back and ran towards the stairs. One after another, the survivors started rushing downstairs.

Tang Shi ran to the front and threw the wine bottle away before he got his knife back in his hand. There were hundreds of venomous zombie in the main hall on the first floor. When they saw living humans, they were thirsty for the smell of blood and poured towards the crowd. Tang Shi cut all the way to the door.