Part 27 'term canoodle'

Rhett's once wide eyes narrow as a small smirk forms. "Miss dragon, on a scale of one to ten, how badly do you want to screw my friend?"

Shocked by such an outlandish question, all I can get out is a befuddled "E-excuse me?" He continues, all while making lewd hand gestures. "You know, bonk, bang, shag-"

As Rhett goes down an never ending list of sex innuendos, a look of disbelief settles onto my features. What is wrong with him?? Is he this eccentric??

Feeling a murderous aura, I look over to Given to see him oozing with embarrassment, his cheeks flared with a bright red.  However, I see a look of realization cross Givens face. What am I not understanding that they are?

Even after immediately coving my nose and holding my breath, Given's scent is quickly becoming overwhelming.  'Crest, what is this?' No response...that is not too unexpected. This is making my head feel funny, light almost. Well I am holding my breath.

"-get it on, breed, canoodle." The term canoodle is a new one for me, but with a context like that, I can take a guess what it means. "First of all, shut UP." My sweet Given hissed those words. Rhett closed his mouth with a slight shrug, clearly amused with something.

His nonchalant smile soon turns into a wide, devious smirk. "Who's going to tell her? Since you don't want to, I could?" Given looked like he was about to snap. I have never seen anyone with such upset and icy eyes in my entire life.

With a slight head tilt, Krel responds back to Rhett venomously, "You'll what now?" Rhett picks up on Given's dangerous tone and can't help give a small bow of the head in submission.

Ignoring how I'm becoming intoxicated by Given's pheromones, I could not miss the way he guardedly looks away after silencing Rhett. The way his eyes shine with unshed tears, or the way his lips give way to a small frown. This...is my fault Given is like this. I am the one keeping him from being open, and causing misunderstandings with his friend.

I force myself to look away from Given. "Loud mouth, leave us." Rhett looks around dumbly. Confused, he asks, "To where???" Well I did send all of the attendants away that could have guided him, which I am sure is what he is thinking. I guess there's only one option left for him then.

"Walk." The Beta looks into my eyes incredulously. That may have come out colder than I had initially planned, but who cares at this point. Rhett swallows hard. Weakly he points to the doorway as if asking a question. Crest snort at his stupidity. It's not like he can take any other exits. Unless he wants to swan dive off the landing pad. I respond to his unspoken question with a curt nod.

The Beta's once slow steps become filled with vigor. He probably realized exploring a castle doesn't sound too bad. I rub at my face as I turn away from the door to Krel. He smells so sweet and lucrative, good God!

Realizing we're alone, and with plenty of questions hanging in the air, Given clasps his hands together and looks down. Underneath his hair, I can see he's nibbling his bottom lip nervously.

I flinch in surprise as I see my hand had reached out to him. When did I..? Confused, I quickly I take my hand back before he notices. Could it be because I am not holding my breath anymore? Looking over at Given, the epitome of uncomfortable, I resolve it is time to solve this. Whatever this is.

"So...your scent is a bit heavy. Care to explain what is going on?" Given flinches at the question. "I...um" He only stutters that much out. Okay... I watch as he keeps shifting his weight back and forth. He scratches at his palm and blinks back the pearl like tears that have formed.

Why...do I feel so possessive all of a sudden? What is this urge to envelope him? Blinking away those thoughts I focus back on to Given. With a soft sigh, I tell him, "Take your time." With a small, sad smile, Given softly begins to speak. "Have you...ever heard of a thing..." He presses his pink lips firmly together as he pauses. "A-a-a t-thing called h-heat?"

"Heat?" Out loud I repeat the word. Heat...body heat? No...I still don't understand. It has to be a werewolf special thing. Seeing me still not get it, he flushes red. With a frown he looks down at his shoes. It looks like I am going to have to ask further what this thing 'heat' is.

"Will you explain to me what your term of 'heat' means?" Given's frown deepens as he stares at his shoes. "I-it's um...i-it's...a thing..." He is killing me here. What is it???

Sensing my frustration, he decides to spill it all out in one go. "I-it's a biological n-need. M-most animals i-it occurs d-during...m-mating season, however...werewolves...are different." Given has soft tears rolling down his cheeks. I know what he's talking about.

Werewolves get that? Again, before I can realize what I am doing, my body has moved instinctively towards Given. And before I can think about it, my hand reaches out towards his face, surprising both me and him. I pause once I regain my senses.

In the lowest whisper, Given says, "If you touch me...w-while I'm in heat...i-it will be hard for you to think rationally..." As he was saying that, he looked up to meet my eyes once, showing a sad smile before looking down again.