Part 31 'stiff handshake'

Nira's POV

"This is exactly why you should have listened to me."

'How was I, US supposed to know he was lying through his teeth???'

"You puny human dare question me?"

'I do not have time for this.' Pushing Crest back in my head, I focus back on whatever I was doing. Which is...wait what am I doing??? Krel is cowering on a stool naked, well, almost naked. Did I do this? Judging by the look on his face, It would appear so...

In confusion, I take a step back and touch my temple. Crest and I have been arguing ever since I first left the bedroom. Immediately, I went to find Rhett, which wasn't a difficult task since he was strutting around the back garden in his wolf form.

I rub my face in frustration at Rhett's behavior alone. Given is being weird, I'm being weird, he's naked. What does someone do in a situation like this?

His scent is driving me crazy. How long can I hold back from imprinting on him? It's not something either of us are ready for since the process itself is...intimate.

Okay okay, no lewd thoughts. I focus back on Given who is shrinking back like a skittish cat awaiting bath time. Will he scratch me, I muse?

My hand with a mind of its own reaches out. Absentmindedly, I trace the faint scars that go from his shoulders to his chest. His skin is soft... "Cute." I look up to see his face flushed pink. Oops, I said that out loud.

Clearing my throat, I give him back his personal space and turn towards the tub. With my back facing Given, I observe the hand that touched him. He didn't turn away. What a nice feeling...

The tub finishes filling as I put a bubble pearl in the water. As the name suggests it looks like a shiny iridescent pearl. It's like a bubble bath mixed with medicine. Hopefully, it has a calming effect on Krel.

 Hopefully, it has a calming effect on Krel

"Get in." Those words alone made him jump. Apprehensively he drags himself over. "Do you need help getting in?" I ask. "N-no." I only smile at his short response.

Ever so slowly he lowers himself into the water. He lets out a funny-sounding wheeze of sorts when the cold water touches his skin. "Are you comfortable?" He only nods in response.

"I'm sorry for stressing you out." he goes to interrupt, but I continue, "AND, I know you are going through something uncomfortable. So I want you to know you can relax."

Given stares at me for a minute or two before blinking himself out of a daze. "Thank you...And I'm sorry for being like this..." His voice comes out barely above a whisper.

"Hmmm, you don't need to overthink these things." Krel keeps his head lowered and glances up at me through his bangs. Hmm, It would no doubt make him more uncomfortable if I were to get in the bath with him; although the bond would soothe his pain better with skin-to-skin contact. I guess I'll skip
that idea this time.

I trace my hand over the rim of the bathtub as I walk around until I'm at Given's backside. He stiffens, unsure what I'm doing. Softly, I wrap my arms around his shoulders and give him a gentle hug from behind.

He melts into the hug and fully rests his head in my arms. Krel looks up, water dripping from his chin as he gives me a big smile. "You..." He pauses as he reaches up to softly twirl a piece of my hair. Given continues, "Are an angel." He then places a delicate kiss on the lock of hair.

My mind, empty. My heart, damn sure full. Getting over the initial shock at how sweet this boy can be, I return his wide smile and lean down to kiss the top of his head. Krel responds with a blushy closed-eye smile.

"He looks breedable..."

'I swear to god Crest. This is NOT THE RIGHT TIME, OKAY?' She only grumbles at that. Well, I'm not wrong. I clear those thoughts, those very lucrative thoughts, and focus back on Given.

"Do you feel better?" He only hums in response. That is how we spent the next few hours in a peaceful silence.

"I...I'm sorry for lying...and pushing you away." Oh? Softly I comb a hand through his hair. "Well, if you're truly sorry, why not tell me why you did it?" Krel went quiet, and for a moment I thought he might not answer.

"I don't know." He continues, "I guess...I didn't want you to see me as ugly..." Krel looks up at me with those big brown eyes of his, which ask an unspoken question. The question being, do you forgive me? Yes, yes I do.

Aside from causing me and Rhett to panic, in the span of ten minutes everything was set right. If I, on the other hand, were to act on impulse... I could easily cause permanent damage. With these overpowering pheromones, It's becoming more and more difficult to know which way is up, and that scares me.

"I do not," I reply softly. With a happy smile, Krel nuzzles his head further into my arms. What an adorable creature...

Dinner time rolls around and so does a special someone. Shyly, a little head pokes through the door. Lyra, once seeing Krel and me gives a gasp of excitement and dashes over.

 Lyra, once seeing Krel and me gives a gasp of excitement and dashes over

Now at the tub, she madly gestures, pointing at Krel then to me. Ah she's so cute.

"Lyra, I would like you to meet a special someone. Krel, meet Lyra, my precious little sister. And Lyra, meet Krel, my sweet Given.

Her little blue eyes go round. With the most serious look I have ever seen adorn her face, she turns to Krel and offers her hand for a stiff handshake.

Krel watches Lyra with stars in his eyes, eagerly accepting the handshake. They stare at each other for a few seconds while they share, an unfortunately wet handshake before Lyra pulls away. She wipes her hands off with a towel and gives us a cute salute before dashing out of the room.

"L-lyra is her name you said? She's...she's so cute!" I softly chuckle at Krel's reaction. "Yes, and it would seem she likes you very much."

From that moment on, Krel began visibly glowing with joy. If only our relationship was simpler. What should I do now?