Part 14 'our Given looks abused'

His rich brown eyes swirl with many emotions I have never seen before. We have been quietly sitting on the floor holding hands having a stare off for ten minutes now. I've taken notice how his grip on my hands gets tighter as each minute passes.

To break whatever odd thing that's in the air, I speak to him, who is only a mere few inches away. Happily, I smile and introduce myself, "My name is Nirvana, Nira for short. I am a class..." and then I stop as I now grapple the problem at hand. How was this going to work?

How would he be respected as the new king? What would become of his pack! Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god.

"Be quiet, focus on Given. He still looks uncomfortable."

Noticing that tearful look again, I quickly speak. "Ah sorry, I was just thinking. What is your name?" One of the wolves before told me, but I want to hear Given introduce himself. Instead, he throws out a jumbled up sentences. "MyNameIsKrelI'MTwentyTwoIUhAmAlphaOfThisPackNiceToMeetYou!"

"Hahahaha Krel you're so cute!" It was so funny watching him get nervous. Given on the other hand turned away, hiding his pink face. From his hidden position, he speaks out, "Nirvana, you are mine, mine alone."

His voice is so smooth and sweet, yet, holds some depth. I wish to listen to it all day. Taking what he said as an invitation, I retrieve my hands and use them for a frontal attack, a big hug. Krel sinks into my touch. He takes the initiative to sniff me, only to whimper.

He softly breaths out, "My beautiful mate, when can I be allowed to smell your scent?" The way he asked it, like he wasn't allowed to fully indulge in me is the cutest thing ever. It sent butterflies to my stomach at how adorable one can be.

"Yes, it's too unfair I can enjoy your scent, but you can't to me. Certain circumstances keep me from doing so. Please be patient. Let's get to be familiar with each other for now?" I had to bite back my tongue before an overwhelming amount of questions spilled out. Pace yourself self. But why was he hiding when his pack had an intruder? Why do his panic attacks hurt me so much? How is this all possible?

"Krel, I believe I'm thinking too much." Concerned, he hugs me tighter burying his face in my shoulder. We were interrupted by a knock at the door followed by a female yelling, "DINNER'S READY YOU AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND BETTER SHOW UP BECAUSE I MADE LASAGNA AND YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS TO DO RIGHT?! I ALSO DROPPED THE GOD DAMN HOT POT ON MY FOOT SO YOU BETTER BE GRATEFULL!"

I just stared towards the door before laughing again which only caused him to hold me tighter. His muffled angelic voice completely disregarding the tromping away female asks, "Are you hungry?" Well might as well feel everything out now seeing this is my Givens Pack, the ruthless Ghost Pack. But why is the Alpha such a marshmallow?

"Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing more of your pack." He flinches, only slightly. 'What the hell is going on here?'

"Our Given looks abused."

'WHAT.' I look down at my snuggled up Given and run my hand through his hair. Krel seems to really like this as he lets out a cute breath he must've been holding in. Abused...? 'Well, we'll get to the bottom of this.' Crest snarls in agreement.

Krel still has not made a move for the lasagna even after I accepted his offer. I untangle myself from him only to here another whimper. His absolutely adorable whimper. I stand up first and then pull him up. He's toned with muscle,  yet has this boyish cuteness. Krel has only a few inches on me, which is okay for me I guess.

He stares off into my light blue eyes like he's looking out a window. His expression seems unsure. He really hasn't given me much to go on. I grab his hand as he encases mine and we walk out side by side.

Along the way, he keeps brushing against me anyway he can. Which I absolutely love, bring on the warm fuzzy feelings! He stops abruptly after scanning me. I can see his eyes cloud up. "Nira..I'm so so so so sorry." He starts to tear up once again. This breaks my heart. I follow his gaze down to the bright red overtaking my jeans. Ohh.

Trying to play it off, I say, "Well, I was wandering around one of the most dangerous packs completely disregarding everyone. This is my own fault." I smile up at him causing his cheeks to pinkin. I continue on, realizing he probably needs to hear the direct version of what I'm getting at. "It wasn't your fault, neither do I blame you. You have such loyal wolves ready to protect you, their Alpha" I hummed the last part. That was close, I almost said king out of instinct.

His eyes pleading, he asks, "Can...can I pick you up and carry you there?" His aura was that of a teddy bear. I squeal out, "Yes! Carry me my knight." Amusement tugs at his lips as I soon grasp the embarrassing thing I said. "Ah, I, Yes it's okay." I turn away at the last word.

Smoothly he scoops me up princess style, laying me against his chest. How is it possible to meet someone for the first time, and see yourself planning a life together with them? Ah I sound so stupid and naive. As he carries me, I can hear his heart beat erratically. I love this.

"Maybe if you're more provocative we'll get somewhere faster."

'OH MY GOD CREST!' This is the first time she's ever been suggestive. Even when we accidentally came across hot skinny dippers she said nothing. 'Dear lord Crest.'

Krel nudges open some large door to reveal a huge dining hall with a massive circular table that took up the majority of space. Already most the seats were taken up. Upon noticing us, everyone grew very quiet and began staring. The atmosphere was instantly bombed.

Krel walks over to the only fancy chair at the table and sits down with me on his lap. Everyone at the table is now facing us, making me immediately work to avoid their gaze. Like a seat belt, Krel has his arms securely fastened around me. He places his head back in the crook of my neck, seeming satisfied. Being enveloped by him felt like the sun gracing my skin all over again.

As If on cue, everyone starts serving themselves. The table is full of food. It's decked out with lasagna, fried mushrooms, cheesy bread, multiple types of salads, and fruits of all kinds. It was an odd spread to say the least. And then the table turned! Which really, it's a good idea so everyone can get what they want without reaching across and spilling things.

Krel looks to have forgotten about the food as he makes no move to serve himself. He sniffs me before nuzzling in more. The others busy themselves as they fill their plates. They aren't fooling me, I know they're watching us from the corner of their eyes. The whole pack looks to be here. Just a few missing to add up to the total amount of pack members.

My report of the Ghost Pack said the new Alpha was having trouble being respected. I could understand If he's always like this. These wolves are very haughty with being the number one assassin pack. Meaning, they have their own opinion. And if that means they don't like Krel, they'll make sure he knows it.

I need to call up my informant and get a detailed report on every member here. If they're planning to hurt Krel, they won't be able to escape from me.

The circle of food has been on a complete loop twice by now. Hungry, I maneuver my arm out of Krels cage and scoop some food onto his plate. He watches intently the entire time. If I had any self esteem issues I'd find that very uncomfortable. But hey, drink it in soulmate.

Unintentionally he pulls me even further into his chest, his arms enjoying being tangled around my waist. Trying my best to focus on eating, I pick up a neatly placed fork and try a piece of the lasagna the girl was so proud of. Mmm not bad.

"You have just ingested lethal poison designed to raise blood pressure, therefore to make it look like.."

I cut Crest off by continuing her sentence. 'an accident when the target has a heart attack...'