Part 29 'heat'

Nira's POV

I find myself one-second hugging Given, and the next with him in my arms. He had let out a cute yelp of surprise at the sudden princess carry. While I, myself, stood frozen, bewildered at my own actions. Looking down at Given, I see his shock is lasting longer than mine.

My mind becomes hazy with our close contact and his overwhelmingly sweet pheromones. I know I am intoxicated, and because of that my mind keeps going back to this one dangerous thought. Which is, the only thing keeping me from touching his skin is a thin layer of clothes... The current warm tingles are not enough. 

Without realizing it, I slip a hand under his shirt and slide my fingers along his lower back. Given shivers at the touch. With the skin to skin contact a fiery sensation is born. It spreads through my entire body and I feel warmed from the inside out. What is this feeling?

Was that a bad thing to do?

I don't regret a thing. Maybe I will after my mind clear. With one hand under his thighs and the other still on his lower back, I turn towards the door and carry him inside.

Given lets out a long exhale and tucks his head into the crook of my neck. He then loosely loops his arms around my shoulders. Honest to god can there be a more precious person?

The staff waiting around the corridor of my bedroom give a polite bow and open the doors for us. Not sparing a glance at anything, I walk straight to the bed in the middle of the room and gently lay Given down.

A/N It's still the middle of the day, disregard the sunset.

The staff must have put away my blankets and extra pillows

The staff must have put away my blankets and extra pillows. Begrudgingly I go to stand up and retrieve them. Given, however, keeps his arms stubbornly fastened around my neck. Softly I grab his arms and unclasp them, bringing them down to his lap. Clumsily he grabs the edges of my shirt.

"Are-are you leaving?" I watch as a slight panic takes ahold of Given's beautiful features. "No," I reassure him. Slowly he lets go with a defeated frown. I go around the corner only for a second to reemerge with a large basket full of fluffy blankets and soft pillows. 

With care, I one by one place them around the bed until It is deemed satisfactory. Holding one of the pillows close to himself, Given asks, "Is...is this nesting?" I stop my movements at his question. Wait, what AM I doing??? He's not wrong, just when did I...my eyes look at the nest I just 'made' with Given in the middle. 

I clear my throat with slight embarrassment before answering. "Yes, it is a form of nesting." Given gives a shy smile before looking down at his hands again. Well, at least this isn't as embarrassing as it would have been if he were my kind.