Part 30 'mad'

A/N DOUBLE UPDATE

Krel's POV

"Are there any do's and don'ts?"

Do I tell her I can't be away from her for even a second or it feels like I'm dying? Or that if we're not touching my skin feels like it's on fire? Should I say that I will be unbearably clingy and more emotional than I've already been? Maybe that I want more than anything to be enveloped in her warm embrace again. No...I could never say this.

 What am I thinking? What part of this can I say?

Another wave of searing pain shoots through my stomach. It hurts. Maybe it's retribution... Or a miracle that I can be this close to Mate again. Nira lets out a hum at my lack of a response. Ah, what do I say? 

Do I deserve relief?

Can I afford to be selfish this once?

No, what are these thoughts? I can't... "I- there are no don'ts... Well, actually being in the presence of my Mate makes it more painful." Both she and I are equally shocked at what I just said. 

"What tHE #### DID YOU JUST SAY YOU PUNK????"

I push Achna back as I ignore his never-ending stream of curses. Why did I say that? Maybe it's because I'm embarrassed of myself. I'm embarrassed she might look at my stickiness and decide she doesn't like me anymore. What if I'm actually grossing her out? WHAT IF I SMELL BAD?

"Are you sure? That doesn't make much sense..." Ah, she's so smart. "Yes, I need...to be by myself, no matter what I may say later, okay?" I muster a small smile at the end. She nods at my request. Mate takes my hand into her own and kisses the top of my palm. My heart melts at her kindness.

I watch her reluctantly walk out and the door close behind her. Tears fill my eyes as the pain intensifies. It's ok It's okay. It'll pass. Carefully I clumsily crawled out of her bed. I know she will hate me if I dirty her nest. It makes me so happy to think I'm allowed in such a sacred place. I can't ruin it...

My legs give out as I crumple onto her carpet and watch as the things around me sway. That's not good. I just, I just need to cool down first. I-I don't...know where her bathroom is. Shit, this is a poorly though-out plan.

I'm not scared of pain. I'm scared of losing her. That's why I'll be okay, even if it hurts. 

........

....

.

.

"HEY WAKE UP, WHAT THE HELL MAN! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THIS!"

Oh, did I black out? Slowly I open my eyes to see Rhett bawling like a baby. I give a weak smile at that. I look over to see Mate also there. Her arms are crossed as she sends me an icy glare. 

"Alright Rhett, that will be enough." He shrinks back at her tone, gives me one last look, then leaves. My surroundings...oh, I'm back in her nest. Nng, of course, the pain is still present. 

"You." I freeze at her voice. "You sure know how to make one worry. What was the point of lying hMMMMM???" She's very mad... "I-it's because...I don't want you to see me like this..." My voice came out so soft even my own ears had trouble hearing the words I spoke.

I dared to meet her gaze only to regret it, instantly looking back down at my lap. Her expression has become scarier. "I-i-hic!" H-hiccups? "I-hic." This is what I wanted to avoid, a hiccuping sobbing mess.

I cover my face with my hands to prevent her from seeing more of my bad side. "I-I'm hic! S-sor-hic-ry" Why am I like this? 

"I'm taking care of you and there's nothing you can do about it." "E-eh?" "You're burning up so I am going to put you in the bath." "E-EHH??" She once again sweeps me up bridle style and starts walking off with me. What? 

Inside Mate's gorgeous bathroom, she lightly sets me down on a stool

Inside Mate's gorgeous bathroom, she lightly sets me down on a stool. I keep my head low as I speak, "W-w-hic-what are you doing..?" Please hiccups, please stop, I beg. It's hard enough to talk when I stutter.

"It was suggested an ice bath would help you." Oh... I can feel her nearing me until I see her legs in front of me. My hairs raise with a bad feeling. First I see her hands reach out to me and am caught completely by surprise as she effortlessly yanks my shirt over my head.

"H-hey! W-w-w-w-what-hic do you think y-y-y-you're doing!" She puts a hand under my chin and raises it, forcing me to meet her gaze. Her firm grip kept my head in place, even after I tried to turn away. Her stare is still cold and piercing, but there's something else there I can't put my finger on. 

"Stop making me anxious and be good." Before I could say 'excuse me,' she had already skillfully unbuttoned my jeans. "AHHHHHH W-WOAH THERE!" Out of shock I jerked off the chair, thankfully Mate caught me and I didn't actually fall.

She ignores my reaction, ready to finish what she started. "Y-y-you know w-w-what, I-i think I can g-go in the bathtub with my jeans on, d-don't you think??" 

From her position between my legs, her hands resting on my thighs, she looks up at me with a glare that makes my heart stop. From that one moment of hesitation, she yanked my jeans off. My mind couldn't process anything other than 'Hot'. 'That was so hot' 

My cheeks were ablaze and this time not because of the heat. Quickly I covered my face, only to realize I'd been stripped down to my boxers.

I want to die right now.

"WISH GRANTED LET ME OUT."

'Life is even less worth living if I let you out right now.'