Bathe.

Chapter Nine

Harry enters the bathroom, and I quickly turn away when he starts removing his towel. I hear a low grunt and a slight whoosh from the water. "You can turn around now." I nod and bite my lip, trying to suppress my nerves.

Harry sits relaxed in the tub, the suds covering his entire lower body, which I'm grateful for. I grab a hand towel and some soap before approaching the large tub. Sitting on the edge behind Harry's back, I take a deep breath.

Okay, Amira, you got this. There's nothing weird about washing a man you barely know. I mean, nurses do it all the time, so this is completely fine.

I wet the towel and squirt some soap onto it. Ringing the excess water, I pause, not exactly sure where to start. I guess Harry senses my apprehension and finally speaks after minutes of silence.

"You asked about my mission the other day. Did you still want to hear about it?"

"Yes, if you don't mind." Hearing him talk will distract me from what I'm doing.

"Alright, so I had to go across the hotel and find what room Klaus was in. Lucky for me, he didn't close the blinds, so it was easy to find him," he begins, and I glide the towel across his back. He has a couple of bruises near the lower end that are starting to fade.

"That's very stupid of him," I reply, going down to a large bruise, and he winces before continuing.

"It was. I also heard a little bit of a phone call he had with Maverick."

"What! What did they say?" I need to know what the son bitch is planning. Anything I can get on the bastard, the better.

"It wasn't much. Klaus just said he got the thing he wanted, and if he didn't bring it to Maverick, something bad would happen to him."

"Do you know what he had?" I ask, washing his arms admiring his tattoos.

"Yeah, I was getting to that if you let me finish the story," he chuckles at my eagerness. I no longer feel awkward about washing him; I'm actually quite enjoying the simple act. As long I don't go further than his waist, I'll be fine.

"Sorry, continue," I roll my bottom lip between my teeth, feeling dumb for being this intrigued.

"So after I snuck into his room, I looked for anything that was important and when I didn't find it. I'd figured Klaus had it on him. He came back to his room, and I hit him before tying him up to a chair. When I searched him, I found a necklace," he explains while I move to sit on the edge in front of him.

"A necklace? Why would the serpent need that?"

"That's what I thought too. Klaus said he didn't know, but Maverick's wanted to get hands on it for months. I assume it has sentimental value. Why else care for a necklace, not that expensive for him to be obsessed over."

"Do you have the necklace now?" I ask, getting his neck then chest. I try to go slow and gentle when I reach his wound. I watch his eyes clench shut in pain, and I start to move my hand away.

"Yeah, I haven't told Samara about the necklace yet. I wanted to look into myself, so don't say anything."

"I won't. But is there a chance I can see it?" I raise his arms and scrub his pits which makes Harry chuckle.

"That tickles. But yes, you can after this." I nod as I finish cleaning his upper body and handing him the rag.

"So, how'd you get shot if Klaus was tied up?" I ask, going over what he had told him, and some details aren't adding up.