Unwind.

*not edited

Chapter Eighteen

A couple of days after Zayn left, I thought about what he said about Harry. About if he makes it a game, I should too. And though it is tempting to play, I know once I do, I will have to see to the end. I'm not one to just give up, especially when it's a competition. If I do it, I'd have to be the winner.

However, Harry and I keeping our distance is the better option. I'm sure the sex would be great, but I don't want all the other shit that comes with it. The risk of either of us getting our mind clouded is too high right now. We need to focus on the task at hand, killing Maverick. We both want it so bad. If either of us gets too attached, it could hurt the mission. Maverick is going to look for weakness, and I can't let Harry or the others be mine.

So I'm not playing. It took a while for me to come to the conclusion. Since I've been home alone for two days, all I had was time to think. With everyone on an important mission, I had to find things to keep me preoccupied. For a huge mansion, there isn't much to do. I trained a little, went in the hot tub, and watched Criminal Minds for the majority of the time.

Today, I decided to walk the grounds to see if there was anything else to do. Sadly there was nothing, so I went back to my room. I could take a shower and then take a nap. It's been so peaceful lately that I could actually get some decent sleep.

I grab some clothes from my dresser but stop when I realize the shower is already running in my bathroom. Did someone break-in? Wait, why would they be taking a shower when they could be robbing the place? Regardless, I don't take any chances and grab my sai off my desk.

I hold the blades in my hands and slowly open the door to the bathroom. A gust of steam clouds my vision, and I step inside to find the perpetrator turning off the water and getting out of the shower. My eyes adjust to the fog, and I avert my gaze when I see Harry completely drenched and naked.

"What the hell, Harry! I thought you were a burglar or some shit," I groan.

"I don't think burglars stop to take a shower, Amira," he laughs, and I hear him take a towel from the closet.

"I thought so too, but I had to be sure. I thought all of you would be back in two days."

"Yeah, Amira thought I'd be a liability because of my episode last week and said I needed to stay here."

"Were you here the whole time?" I turn around to see a towel hanging low on his waist. He grabs another to dry his hair and walks out of the bathroom. I follow him to my room, which feels much cooler than the humid bathroom.

"No, I went out for two days."

"Doing what?" I couldn't help but be nosy. I was here all by myself, bored to death.

"Why do you care?" He raises a brow.

"I mean, I don't, but I assumed it was better than what I was doing," I shrug. Harry steps forward, closing the distance between us.

He lowers his head to my ear and whispers, "I can show you if you want?" My breath gets caught in my throat, and a wave crashes against my abdomen. What is happening to me? I can't find the words to say.

"W-what?" I stammer.

"I said did you want me to show you?" Show me what? Why is he being so vague?

"Um, sure," I mumble.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite get that," he smirks, and I know he heard me.

"Yes," I say, clenching my jaw.