Boot Camp.

Chapter Ten

I tried asking Harry what he meant, but he became closed off again, and shortly after the hard cold, Harry was back, and I was missing the softer side of him. I just wanted a little more information considering I'd just shared things with him that no one knows about me. I tend to keep my life private from the others, and yet Harry seems to coax out of me my secrets that I keep locked away inside me. One look in his enchanting green eyes, and I'm under his spell.

I thought we were getting closer and actually becoming friends, but I was wrong. Maybe it's for the best. Harry and I being anything more than teammates is dangerous. One of us will eventually drag the other down with the mountain of issues we have.

The next day, I was told to meet Wade and Frankie for some intense training. I have no clue what we're doing today, but I know it's not going to be a walk in the park, that's for sure.

"Welcome to hell," Frankie smirks when I walk into the training room.

My stomach drops, nervous about what they have in store for me. Callie and Hallie warm up on the mats, and I go to join them. I begin to stretch my legs out while I ask how they've been.

"Good, we just got an apartment, so we're moving out soon," Callie says.

"Really? That's cool! who's getting your room?" Their room is probably the third largest room in the house after Samara and Harry's.

"I don't know you're the first to know about it. Do you want it?"

"Hell yeah, I do," I beam.

"Then it's yours. We'll be moving out next week."

"Okay, ladies, listen up!" Wade shouts, startling us as he walks in. "The goals today are to get stronger, faster, more flexible, think smarter. Alright, so Amira, you'll be competing against either one of the twins through a series of trials. If you win the majority of them, you'll get a nice dinner afterward. If you don't, you get a whole week of intense training," Wade explains.

Great I have to win no way my body will handle a whole week of hell.

"First trial, simple sparring match. Callie, you're up." Okay, I can do that. Callie isn't as good a fighter as Hallie.

"However, you two will be blinded folded," Frankie adds, getting two black clothes from his cargo pants.

"What? Hold on, how is that supposed to help anything?" I ask while getting the soft material wrapped around my eyes.

"When in battle, you never know what's going to happen. Maybe the lights suddenly go out, and it's pitch black, or your opponent throws some toxin in your eye. You're not going to give up, are you," he pauses, waiting for a response.

"No, sir."

"Good, you're going to fight no matter what. This exercise will help you hone your skills and understand your senses better." I nod, trying to get used to not seeing anything and focusing on my other senses.

"Alright, you two ready."

"Yes."

"Let's do this."

There's a short pause of silence.

"Fight!"

Feet smack against the floor in front of me, and I can feel the vibrations underneath me. Callie is charging at me and fast. I don't know what type of attack she's doing, but maybe I can dodge it. A strong smell of her vanilla perfume hits my nose, and I know she's close. When the scent becomes more intense, I move to the side and twirl behind her to attack her from the back. I jab her back with a few punches and move away swiftly before she retaliates the attack.