Sasha.

*Not edit

Prologue cont.

Sasha cooks breakfast in the kitchen and calls Amira to hurry up before she's late for school. Her sister drags her feet, too tired from studying for her finals all night long.

"Morning, eat before you go, alright." Amira nods and wipes her eyes. Amira didn't get much sleep at all, and when she did, she had her reoccurring nightmare of her parent's death. It was nine years since she witnessed the assassination of her parents. She was only ten, and it haunts her every day.

"When is your graduation again?" Sasha asks.

"Saturday."

Amira is glad she is finally graduating. She had to take a year off after her parents died to help Sasha and her get on their feet. Sasha became Amira's guardian soon as she turned 18, and they stayed in this small apartment the whole time.

"Good luck on your finals this week. I'll be gone for a few days, but I'll be back by your graduation."

"Where are you going?" Amira asks.

"Don't worry about it. C'mon, leave before your late for school." Her little sister sighs, annoyed she's keeping secrets from her. Amira found a journal two years with her tracking Maverick's gang activity and believes Sasha is planning something against them.

"Just be careful, okay. I love you," she kisses her sister's cheek.

"I love you too," they embrace before Amira hurries out the door to catch her bus.

***
Amira looks around the gymnasium for her sister and doesn't see her anywhere. She adjusts her cap and clenches her gown, worried something happened to her. She hasn't got a text from her for the past two days and wonders if she is in danger or maybe worst.

They begin calling their names, and Amira tries to keep the negative thoughts, but she fears something bad has happened. "Amira Davis!" The principal announces in the microphone.

Amira walks up to collect her diploma and shake principal Haynes's hand. "Yeah! Amira!" Her head turns and looks by the door and sees her older sister standing by the entrance. The corner of Amira's mouth spread across her face flashing a bright smile across her face.

After the graduation ceremony, Amira goes to grab some food and a movie to rent while Sasha gets her surprise for her sister ready. She manages to buy the drum kit Amira wanted for the past two years. Sasha noticed Amira getting into drumming after her parent's death to get her aggression out. Amira spent the first months depressed, then turned angry and bitter to the world, but after watching Sasha's friend playing in the band, she wanted to learn. She's still pissed at the world but finds drumming a great release.

Sasha leaves a sweet message for Amira and leaves her room after setting the drums up. As she turns the corner, a cloth wraps around her neck, and the man pulls towards him choking Sasha. She struggles but elbows the man in his stomach and runs away. He groans in pain but chases after her.

Sasha rushes towards the door, reaching her hand on the silver doorknob. She steps a foot out the door, but the man grabs her arm, throwing her to the other side of the room. Sasha's body crashes into the coffee table and tumbles to the ground. She winces at the pain and panics.

What can I do?

Her eyes look around her, and she sees the man approaching her. She grabs the vase next to her and chucks it at the man, and it hits his head, breaking into pieces. He falls, and Sasha goes to her bedroom to grab her gun. She rummages through her drawer and pulls it out. Before she can clack it back, the man smacks the gun out of her hand and points his gun to her head. Sasha sighs, knowing her fate is here.