Bullseye.

Chapter Five

Harry wants to meet downstairs in thirty minutes, so I throw on some biker shorts and a crop top. I have a light breakfast before meeting him in the gym. When I walk in, Harry pulls back the bow and makes a bullseye. He did it so effortlessly. It makes me wonder how long he's done archery.

"You're late!"

"No, you said seven, and it's seven."

"On time is late. Get here earlier next time," Harry scolds before shooting another area and hitting it precisely in the center. I roll my eyes and mentally flip him off.

"Okay, let's begin. First, you need to become familiar with a bow. Working on how to position your hands and having the right stance. Once you got that down, we'll start working with an arrow."

I nod and pick up the bow. As I hold it in my hands, Harry fixes my arms and fingers to the correct position. I'm using a recurve bow. He goes over the bow parts: the riser, the limbs, string, nock point, and bow sight. After that, he demonstrated how my hands should move when pulling back the bow. After ten minutes, he hands me an arrow.

"Okay, now put the arrow-like I showed you and shoot for the target."

I nod and put the end of the arrow on the nock point. I level my arms and release. The arrow is released and goes underneath the target. I sighed, wanting to hit the mark on the first try, at least.

"That was terrible, but let me show you how," he says, coming next to me. His chest hits my back as he guides my arms. My throat gets dry as his hand covers mine.

"Now, just relax your arms a bit and ease the string and arrow back." His hands glide across my arms, his fingers warm as he lightly presses into the flesh. My shoulder blade constricts as I pull my elbow back past my ear. "And release," his minty breath hits the back of my neck. The arrow soars across the room and hits the target pretty close to the center.

"See, you're a natural," he grins, and I turn to look at him. Our faces are very close to each other, and I find myself getting anxious around him.

"Uh, thank you," I mutter and look at the bow, trying to ignore some pestering thoughts.

Harry leaves me to practice some more, and I start to get the hang of it. After an hour, I finally made a bullseye. I jump up, feeling amazing. Harry claps, and I take a bow. I was going to wrap it up for today until Harry suggested we spar with each other. I didn't have anything else to do, so I agreed. I wanted to show him how much I improved since he last saw me fight.

Going to the sparring mats, I stretch my body to loosen up. Harry pulls his long hair up into a bun getting it out of his face. We get in our stances and stare at each other with intensity.

"C'mon on, hit me. I know you want to, princess," he taunts me.

My fist jabs towards his face, but Harry dodges it. His hand rushes quickly from the side, and I block his attack. My arms keep up to block his fast jabs. His fist comes towards the side of my face, and I duck low, doing a swing kick to knock him down.

"Not bad," he says, jolting back up.

I rush in to strike him, but he grabs my arm, flipping me over. I groan as my back hits the mate. My fist clenches as I get up. That was foolish of me to rush into my attack like that it wouldn't happen again. I land a couple of hits by kicking him in the abdomen. Then forcefully kick him to the other side of the mat.

Harry recomposes himself before charging towards me. I thought about a trick Jules taught me, but I needed some momentum to do it right. I run towards Harry too. As he goes in for an attack, I jump up and do a flip in the air to avoid the attack landing on the other side of him. I take the opportunity to strike him in the back causing him to fall to the ground. I let out a tired laugh thinking I won, but Harry grabs my ankles pulling me down, and hovers over me to pin me down to the mat.