New Room.

Chapter Eleven

Frankie wasn't kidding when he said Harry's intense training was brutal. I'm still sore, and it's been three days. It wasn't only challenging, but it also was unbearable with Harry's constant jabs and insults when I wasn't doing something right or wasn't going fast enough. If I looked weak and pathetic while doing an exercise, he'd let me know.

Since I could barely move my arms for the past two days, Jules helped me move into my new room. Jules didn't seem bothered that I got the twin's room as Heather and Leo did, and I'm starting to know why. It was next door to Harry's, and I somehow forgot about that very important detail when talking to the twins. It's not because I find him an absolute asshole and irritating as shit that he's next to me. It's because these walls are too thin, and I'm either yelling at him to keep his music down or banging on the wall to tell him and whatever bimbo he brings in his room to keep it down. Since I moved into the room, I haven't gotten any proper rest.

However, as a distraction, Jules took me out shopping. Granted, when I found out it was for weapons instead of clothes, I was a little disappointed. I'm still happy to get out of the house though anything is better than hearing moans for nearly three hours. I will comment on one thing about Harry—the boy got stamina.

"Okay, so why are we shopping for a weapon?" I finally asked, looking around this sketchy underground store. Every kind of weapon imaginable has to be in here.

"Well, I think you need a signature weapon like how mine is the katana, and Harry's is his crossbow," she explains.

"Alright, but I have no idea what my should be. I'm not the best shooter yet, still learning archery, and I don't want to carry a big sword around me," I tell her.

"When you're fighting, what do you feel most comfortable with."

"My fists. Hand on hand combat is what I'm good at."

"Okay, follow me then." I follow Jules to the other side of the store, where I see various weapons that ninjas would use. I take a couple of ninja stars, thinking they might be useful, and go to the section Jules stopped at and picked up two hand blades. A couple of inches from the handle, two small points curve up like a 'W' in and a longer blade between them.

"This is a Sai. Since you're pretty good with a sword, I think this is better suited for you. You have more control and freedom with your hands like you would in combat. I can teach you how to use them if you're interested."

I take them both in my hands, I thought they would be heavier because of the metal material, but they feel light in my hands. I flick my wrist, swaying them both around, and practice some moves on an imaginary opponent. The blades don't mess up the flow of my jabs, and I think they make great tools for attacks too. The more I mess with them, the more I come to like them.

"Yeah, okay, I think these are great. When can we do that training."

"Tomorrow is good for me. you?" I nod, and we purchase the weapons we picked up—some being for the team.

We get ice cream on the way home, and I enjoy my delicious treat walking to the stairs with my new weapon strapped to my back. Jules told me to do it, so I'm more comfortable with them, making them more accessible. They don't feel as heavy or bulky as I thought and are much lighter than a sword. However, I want them a little smaller, and Jules says I can get a custom one once I'm good with these.

At the foot of the stairs, I nearly drop my ice cream when I see Harry and Hallie with their tongues down each other's throats.

Why the fuck is he kissing her? When did this become a thing? I swear he moves from one woman to the next. Also, why sleep with someone you work with? I never understood that. I stomp up the stairs trying to let my sudden anger subside. I shouldn't care what or who that asshole is doing, but my chest clenches when I see them kissing.