Newbie.

*Not edited

Chapter One
Amira

Three years passed since my sister Sasha's death, and I started training with Jax. He shared stories they had together and said he was going to propose to my sister the week after her death. I still wonder why Sasha kept this part of her life a secret. Well, I mean, I have an idea why, but did she think I couldn't handle it.

Jax taught me well in various martial arts such as boxing, jujitsu, karate, and some taekwondo. I learned how to shoot and use a sword just in case. Still, I didn't feel good enough to take Maverick on my own.

Jax told me I should go to this address if I wanted more help defeating Maverick before he died. When I was coming back from class, I managed to kill his killer before they escaped. I think I only could because Jax tired him out for me. That was the first time I killed anyone, and I'd admit it scared me, but also, a rush of adrenaline made it feel exhilarating. I know, I sound crazy, but that was the first time I felt something besides grief or anger.

I pack my things up and smile, looking at my bachelor's degree in music. I promised my parents I finish college, and I did it early since I did dual credit classes in high school. However, I'm putting my dreams on hold to be a professional drummer until I take down the serpent.

I take my passport and head to the airport since the address Jax gave me is in England. Zayn takes me, and I kiss him before we say goodbye. We broke up two years ago, but we're still friends and fuck each other sometimes. I didn't tell him the real reason I'm going to England. He thinks there's a studio that wanted to hire me. If he knew that I'm turning into a trained assassin, he'd probably never talk to me again. Zayn is the only constant in my life right now and I'd rather not get him involved, or he'll end up dead too.

"Call me soon as you land?" His honeycomb eyes pierce right through me.

"I will. When will you visit me?"

"I don't yet. I'll let you know ahead of time, ok." I nod and kiss him one more time and hug him goodbye.

***
Soon as I land, I call the number on the paper on a payphone. It rings two times before a woman speaks.

"Amira?"

"Yes."

"Turn around. I'm in the black trench coat." She hangs up, and I turn around and see a woman at the bar. Picking up my duffel bag, I head over. Her lips meet the martini glass, and red lipstick stains the rim. She was absolutely breathtaking, as her dark hair flows down to her shoulders. She finishes the drink and briefly looks at me. Her intense pale green eyes glare at me, they move from the top of my head down to the tattered combat boots on my feet.

"Follow me." She turns and walks away, and I trail behind her. Her heels click as she breezes through the crowd of people, and I struggle to catch up. When we get outside, the rain hits hard, and she walks to a black car.

I take a moment to catch my breath, and she rolls at me. "Hurry up and get in."

I nod and get in the car, putting my bag in the back of the car. As we drive, the heat warms me up, and I fix my soaking hair. Great, it's going to get all frizzy now.

"Sorry, I didn't give a proper introduction. It was just a precaution. I'm Samara."

"Nice to meet you. Where are we going?"