Night Out Of Town.

*not edited

Chapter Seventeen

The girls go to a boutique that sells every type of dress for any occasion. Some so elegant I could only dream of having as a kid. A light blue statin one, in particular, reminds me of the gown I tried to make with old curtains and pretended to be a princess. That was the last good memory I had before my life turned upside down. No more dreaming some Prince Charming was going to save me because the reality was I was the only one who could save me. I'm the only one who can take back what was taken from me, my life.

"Amira, you alright?" I jump, startled by Heather's voice. I didn't even realize I was gripping the dress so tight I almost tore it. Taking a deep breath and wiping the corner of my eye, I turned to her and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm great. Sucks this dress is too expensive," I shrug and walk past her to the shorter, cheaper dresses. I need to find one that's extra sexy and a little slutty, preferably. I want Zayn not to be able to take his eyes or hands off me tonight.

"Okay, so we're meeting your boyfriend tonight, right?" Jules asks.

"Well, he's not my boyfriend, but yeah. Zayn wanted to meet my friends/roommates. However, he thinks I'm working in a studio and live in a shithole apartment, so don't tell him anything we actually do," I explain.

"Wasn't planning on it but got it. We're just roommates. I think I'm going to say I work in a detective. I've been binging Law and Order lately. Think I could pull it off," Heather says, and Jules and I burst out laughing.

"What? You don't think it would be believable?"

"Heather, I'm sure you'll sell whatever lie you tell," I chuckle, shaking my head and looking through the rack of dresses. I bought two very scandalous dresses, but I didn't want to wear them to the club. I feel like these could be used for undercover missions, and I didn't have any dresses that would pass for elegant or cocktail attire. Heather told me I needed to get some because she's been used as a distraction on multiple missions for catching sleazy men like Maverick. I don't know if I'm going to be used as one, but it's always good to be prepared.

For tonight, I found a two-piece outfit, it's a black velvet material, and the top is a corset with a matching mini skirt. With the right heels, I'll be irresistible.

After our shopping spree, the girls and I hit the food court. I hadn't eaten all day, and it was almost four now. I get a burger and fries and inhale everything within ten minutes. I got ice cream, too, since my hunger wasn't satiated.

Jules and Heather go on about Harry's episode yesterday and how crazy he was acting. I was surprised to hear he was throwing knives, one of which ruined an expensive painting. I looked at the kitchen and living room this morning, and Harry cleaned up everything. Of course, we'll have to replace most of the furniture, which I'm sure Samara will kill him when she gets back tomorrow.

"So, how was Harry after all that?" Heather asks.

"An ass. He's refusing to take his meds. I tried to help him clean up and cut myself. He helped then somehow found a way to insult, and I left."

"I'm sure there's more to the story than that," Jules smirks.

"Get that stupid grin off your face. Harry and I will never have sex, so stop suggesting it." They think every interaction between us is some hot intense moment that should end in us fucking.

"Fine, we'll stop, but you got to see it from our perspective. Harry is never this hot and cold to us. He's pretty much an ass, mostly. You've said you've seen softer sides to him that neither of us has," Heather says.