Blue Book.

Chapter Seven
Amira's POV

Once I'm dressed, I meet Leo downstairs, who's watching tv on the couch

Once I'm dressed, I meet Leo downstairs, who's watching tv on the couch. He's changed his shirt to a black silk one with gold detailing and fitted black jeans cover his tall frame. Wherever we're going tonight, it must be nice. I guess it's good I wore this blue dress. It's nothing fancy and pretty basic, but it'll do for tonight. I didn't pack many dresses, considering I didn't think I'd need them.

"You ready?"

"Yep, where are we going?"

"You'll see," he smirks, and I'm suddenly already regretting this when he grabs my hand and yanks me out the door.

The whole way there, Leo wouldn't give me any clues on where we were going. If I didn't know any better, he could be taking somewhere to kill me, and I easily fell for it. Of course, I know that's not the case, but it sure feels like my impending doom is upon me.

We park in an alleyway adding to my suspicions that death is knocking on my door. What the hell is exactly his plan? I know how to defend myself, and if he tries anything, he's a dead man. Leo unlocks the car getting out, and I do the same, keeping my guard up.

"What are we doing here?"

"Ssh and just follow me, would you."

Oh yes, gladly, even if you're going to kill me.

Regardless of how I felt, I followed because this alley was starting to give me the creeps. I haven't told anyone this, but I'm terrified of rodents, and this place is crawling with them.

Leo stops just outside an old shop called Blue Book. Why the hell are we dressed like this if we were going to a bookstore? This was his idea of a night of fun?

When we walk in, it's indeed a bookstore and not some weirdly named club. It's nearly nine. I didn't think shops like this were open past seven. It smells like old books and coffee with multiple bookshelves lined up on the left, while the front counter is on the right with a small coffee machine and mugs with it. It's a cute store, and I want to browse the books, but it's not exactly what I had in mind tonight.

"Leo, why are we in a bookstore?" I finally ask.

"You're so cute. This isn't just a bookstore." What now? I'm confused. What the hell does that mean?

"Ah, good to see you, Leo. And you brought a friend," a man probably in his early thirties says, coming from the back room.

"Hey, Robert. How is it tonight?"

"Fantastic, better than usual."