Chapter 3

taehyun pov

 ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ . ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ . ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

My eyes started fluttering open as I became aware of what was happening. Everything was a little fuzzy as my eyes adjusted to the bright light. I opened my eyes fully and looked around. I was in the box.

Around me were the other people. I recognized two of them as the boys from earlier. As I looked over all of them I noticed there were only 5 people. I turned my head to the right and noticed the seventh person in the box. Everyone else was still unconscious, but he was looking directly at me with an unreadable expression on his face. He looked curious and yet terrified. I was going to scoot over to him when I noticed two of the people starting to wake up. One of them was the boy from the train, the one who sat next to me.

I watched as his eyes slowly opened and he took in his surroundings. He spotted me immediately.

"Oh, hey! I remember you from earlier. It's cool that we got put in the same test." He said.

"Yeah. I'm Taehyun."

"Heuning Kai, but you can just call me Kai." He smiled. He seemed nice. "What's your name?" He gestured to the boy in the corner. There was a moment of silence.

"Beomgyu." A deep voice said softly. He looked away, obviously not wanting to converse further.

The other boy had sat up and was now fully awake.

"Hi, I'm Yeonjun." He said and scooted closer to Kai and I. "Hey," He said waving to Beomgyu, who just looked away. Jeez, what was his problem?

"Okay then.." Yeonjun said awkwardly.

"What school did you guys go to?" Kai asked.

"I went to school 3." Yeonjun said.

"Wait, really? Me too." I was surprised. I had never seen him at school. "I've never seen you at school though."

"I'm actually 19. My test is a little late." This was weird. Everyone got tested before their 19th birthday.

"Hmm strange." Kai said. I looked over to Beomgyu who was staring at Yeonjun with an odd expression. There was something off about this guy but I just don't know what, I thought.

Slowly the others started waking up. The other guy from the train introduced himself as Soobin, and he had gone to the same school as Yeonjun and I. The other two were from school 1 and were named Jae and Woojung.

We started looking around the box. It was completely different from what I expected. I thought it would literally be like a box, but it was more like a white almost endless space. If you sat down you could feel walls, but the second you stood up and started walking it seemed like it never ended.

We knew that there were tests and clues to get out of the box. We couldn't just sit there forever, the faster you finished the tests and got out the faster you could start your life. The only problem was once you start the other people in the box are competition. You can't just work together and get out, you have to do it yourself if you want to become a leader, which was what I wanted. So eventually we would have to get up and start searching.