Chapter 7

taehyun pov

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

We walked around the lake in search of anything, a key, a door, a hatch in a tree or something, I don't know what but we searched. I walked into a bushy area near the lake surrounded by willow trees. I checked the trunks for anything and even looked through the leaves but there was nothing. Suddenly I started hearing noises from a few feet away behind one of the trees. I slowly crept over fearing it might be another monster or something. What I wasn't expecting to see was Beomgyu curled in a ball looking to be in pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked crouching down next to him, "What's wrong?"

"I know where the key is.." He grunted, grabbing his head. After a minute he seemed to relax.

"How do you know all of these things, the door, the keys?" I asked.

"I can't tell you..." He said.

"Why not?"

"I could get taken away too. Just like Woojung..." he whispered. An idea came into my head. He obviously had a way of knowing things, could he be a spy for the leaders? Maybe he was leading us to the right tests and he was the reason Woojung disappeared.

"Are you working with the leaders?"

"No, of course not." He sounded offended. "The truth is... I can see the future."

"Excuse me - what?" He put his hand over my mouth.

"They could be listening,"

"Who? The others?"

"No, the leaders," he said quietly. "I unlocked my powers accidentally. A few years ago. I can only see pieces of the future. I saw you guys before the test, which was how I knew that Woojung and Jae would be gone first. I saw you open the door in the white room, and then again with this door. I know where the next key is too..." I just looked at him, shocked. I had never heard of anyone who unlocked their powers without becoming an leader. Not to mention he saw pieces of the future. If he knew something bad would happen to Jae and Woojung why didn't he try to stop it.

"Why didn't you help Jae and Woojung?"

"I couldn't. You can't change the future. I can only direct you to make the choices I saw in the vision." He said sadly.

"What else have you seen?" I asked. I was desperate to know how this would end up.

He just shook his head.

"I can't tell you. I don't understand what I've seen either." I sighed.

"You should tell the others. Then we can find the next key." He nodded and I reached out my hand to him. He grabbed it and we stood up to find the others.

We walked back towards the lake where we saw Soobin and Kai looking around while Yeonjun stood near the water, looking absolutely terrified.