Chapter 14

beomgyu pov

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

We turned the corner before I was abruptly shoved back behind, bumping into Yeonjun. I looked over Kai's shoulder to see one of the rock walls opening up. A leader walked out and looked around. 

We ran behind a rock, staying as silent as we could. What the hell was he doing here? I thought. We watched him as he just stood there in silence. His brow was furrowed and he looked like he was concentrating hard on something. That's when I realized he must be talking to someone through telepathy, something everyone who unlocks their powers can use.

Yeonjun seemed to realize this too as he turned to me and whispered, "Can you try and listen to what he's saying?''

I nodded before focusing hard. I had done it before but only to get answers on tests from the teacher.

"-not sure where they are. They know too much though...Don't worry they won't remember anything from the tests...there's something about number 7...Just do your job Seo..." I shivered. What does it all mean? What is his job? Am I number 7? My head started hurting, making me curl up in pain. I still wasn't used to using my powers often.

"Are you okay?'' Yeonjun whispered. The others looked over and I nodded, "What did you hear?''

The leader had walked back through the wall to who knows where.

''I'm not really sure. It was confusing. Something about us knowing too much and that the leader had to do his job... I don't know." I shook my head.

''This is all just getting more and more confusing,'' Kai said as he slumped against the massive rock.

"Yeah I know, but we have to keep going. If we get out of here maybe we can figure things out.'' Taehyun said.

We looked at each other worriedly before picking up where we left off through the maze.

''I'll stay on the lookout for more of those secret doors.'' Soobin said, looking around.

''Good idea,'' we agreed. Yeonjun grabbed Kai's hand to lift him up as we started walking through the maze. We were naturally more quiet than before, slightly paranoid. What was that Seo guy's job? To get rid of us? I caught up to Taehyun and grabbed onto his hand. There was still a chance I could get lost again, and it would be worse in the maze. He looked at me and smiled slightly, intertwining our fingers. I looked away to hide my blushing cheeks.

After a couple minutes of walking in the same direction we took a left.

''We have to go right and then straight after this,'' Taehyun said. We just continued to follow his directions unsure about where we were even headed to.

''I really hope we find that next test soon, it's getting freakier here.'' Soobin said.

''Yeah and it looks like it's gonna rain.'' I said looking up at the dark clouds. We hadn't even realised how dark it had gotten.

''Please no..'' Soobin whimpered softly. He must be scared of storms.

''Hey I think I see the next door!'' Taehyun said excitedly, pulling me along with him. A faint light glowed from behind a rock wall.

''Thank god,'' Yeonjun sighed.