Chapter 5

taehyun pov

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*⳾⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀

I felt someone shake me awake and I opened my eyes. Once again the bright white lights were back on practically blinding me. As I looked at everyone and they looked worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Woojung. He's gone." Kai said.

"Could he have already gotten through the door?"

"No, it's exactly how we left it. He's just gone." Soobin said, pointing to the door. Beomgyu was once again over there. He was right. The door was still slightly ajar, only a small keyhole was visible.

"What if this is about what he said yesterday." Jae suggested. "I mean think about it. He says something that might make the society seem suspicious and the next day he disappears."

It did seem suspicious, but why would the leaders take him out of the test just because he was curious about something?

"We don't know. Maybe he found another door. We are supposed to do this alone anyway." Yeonjun said.

"Yeah, we should just continue. Maybe he already moved on to another test." I said. I walked over to the door by Beomgyu and looked at the keyhole. I looked through, but it was completely black.

"Check the wall over there." Beomgyu said quietly.

"What? Why?"

"Just do it." He pushed me towards the wall next to us. I looked at it before noticing the same thin stream of light as the first door. How did Beomgyu know? He pushed on it like the other one and it opened, only this time there was no keyhole, just an open dark space. This must be one of the tests.

"How did you know this was here?" I asked Beomgyu, who was peering through the door. Once again he ignored me. There was something seriously suspicious about him.

"Just go in." He said.

"No, you go in first." I was suspicious about him. There was no way I was going in there first.

"I'll go." Yeonjun said. He stepped in the door and we watched him before he faded into the darkness.

"I wonder what's in there," Kai said.

"Only one way to find out." I stepped through the door as well. It was dark for a few seconds before I saw a key. I was about to grab it when I saw Yeonjun. He was frozen in his place, standing in front of me. He was looking at something with a terrified expression on his face.

"Yeonjun?" I whispered.

"Shhh," He said frantically. "It's awake." I stepped closer to him and saw what he was looking at. In the shadows was a beast. I couldn't make out the shape but I saw red eyes, thousands of them.

"Get the key," Yeonjun whispered. I backed away and grabbed the key. Just as I did, we heard a roar and the monster started charging at Yeonjun.

"RUN!" I yelled.

"Holy shit!" Yeonjun screamed as the monster emerged from the darkness.

I held onto the key for dear life as we started running towards the light of the door while the monster charged after us. I could feel it trying to grab my feet with each step.

"Oh my god!" I looked over and saw Jae a few feet inside.

"Jae, get out of here!" I yelled. But it was too late. The monster heard him and it's sharp jaws opened up, taking him in one bite.

Yeonjun and I looked at each other before booking it to the door entrance. The second we made it back the door closed behind us.

"Shit, Jae was just eaten!" The others gasped in shock and Soobin looked like he was gonna puke or cry.

Yeonjun collapsed onto the floor trying to catch his breath.

"Guys, I think we should work together." Kai said. ''I-I don't want to die.."

I agreed. This was more dangerous than we all thought.