Chapter 8

beomgyu pov

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

Since before I got to the testing I had been having visions about them. Kai, Soobin, Yeonjun and Taehyun. Going through doors, white walls, and other scenes with no context. They didn't make sense at first, but now things are starting to add up. One of my visions was Taehyun peering through a keyhole, which he did. I walked over to the keyhole after he found it. What would happen next? I looked around hoping to have another vision, maybe we could get out of here faster, but it didn't come until the next day when I had a vision about the other door, and Jae's death. As useful as my power was, it really was a burden.

All of my visions so far have come true, but the others I'm not sure of. I see the five of us standing in front of a huge door and that's it. Others were really different. Kai and Yeonjun hugging, us laying together in the grass.

Taehyun found out, it was inevitable. I saw it in a vision. He asked me what else I saw, and I knew I couldn't tell him. Especially that in one of the visions I saw us kissing. Telling someone what would happen in the future might ruin it. I didn't want to take any chances.

"You should tell the others. Then we can find the next key." Taehyun said. I nodded. It was a good idea. In my visions there was a strong friendship between us. This must be one of the first steps. Plus they were already suspicious of me, I wasn't deaf. I heard them talk about me several times.

I took his hand and we walked over to the others. I spotted Yeonjun immediately who looked terrified looking at the water.

"Yeonjun, what's wrong?" Taehyun asked.

"Nothing, I'm just scared of water..." He shuddered and I sighed. The next door and key were down there...

"Soobin, Kai! Come here!" Taehyun waved them over. "Listen, Beomgyu has to say something really important."

I gulped, "I know where the next key is."

"And?" Taehyun gestured to me.

"And I can see the future." I blurted out.

The three stared at me blankly.

"How?" Soobin asked.

"I unlocked my powers accidentally."

"So that's how you knew about everything," Yeonjun said.

"I only see pieces though, so I'm not sure about everything."

"That's kind of amazing.." Kai said. "What does my future look like?"

"I'm not a fortune teller," I said.

"Well do you know what happens to us, or how to get out of here?" Soobin asked.

I shook my head, "I do know where the next door is though," I looked at Yeonjun, who seemed to pick up on the look I had.

"It's in the lake isn't it?" He asked.

"Yup." He looked like he was gonna panic.

"You guys should go, I don't care if I become a leader."

"No. We have to stick together." Kai said. "I don't care about becoming a leader either, but clearly there is more going on with the society than we thought. Beomgyu already has powers and you are over 18. That should tell you that something is going on if they missed things like that."

"Someone died too. And another just disappeared and I think it's because they suspected something about the society. And now we do. We have to stick together." Taehyun said.

"The tests are supposed to test you. Yeonjun, this one must be testing you." I said. It made sense. He was afraid of water so of course the door would be at the bottom of the lake.

"You're not alone either, we are doing the tests together. I'm here to help you." Soobin said.

"Thanks..." Yeonjun smiled at him.

"Where is the door in the lake Beomgyu?" Taehyun asked.

"It's in the middle, at the bottom."

We looked at each other, as if asking if we were ready. Soobin took Yeonjun's hand and we started walking closer to the lake.