Chapter 19

Taehyun pov

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

I blinked my eyes rapidly, desperately trying to keep them open as they adjusted to the bright light. I heard a faint beeping noise in the background as I became aware of my surroundings. I was in a room that was similar to the one I was drugged in. I had wires attached to me with those sticky pads on my head and chest. I was laying on a chair hooked up to a computer. That must be where the beeping came from.

''Taehyun, welcome back.'' I suddenly noticed a woman in a lab coat walking over to me. "You did well on the tests, I must say you are certainly suited for the role of a soldier or maybe a government leader.'' She smiled. I was so disoriented I couldn't focus on anything she said.

''Where are the others?'' I asked groggily.

''Don't worry about them, they've been taken care of. If you haven't realised it yet, the test was all a simulation. You were mentally there but not physically. The other's are in a similar position to you now.'' She explained. That made sense, no wonder everyone always came back alive after the tests.

''Can I see them?'' I asked.

''I'm afraid not, in a minute you won't even remember them,''

''What?''

''Taehyun, we aren't stupid. We know what happened during the tests. You all worked together, you and number 7- I mean Beomgyu had a fling, it's in your best interest to not see them again. You will all start your lives, there's no need to remember."

''But I want to,'' I couldn't forget them, I couldn't forget Beomgyu. I started to feel frantic.

''Taehyun, it's best that you forget. The tests exposed you to too many questions, suspicions about the society. Now you will join the society.''

''No- I-I don't want to,'' I ripped the wires off and tried to get out, to see them one last time.

''Taehyun Stop!'' She yelled. I tried to run out of the room, the door was only 5 feet away. I was so close when I felt a needle plunge into my neck and once again, everything went dark.