Chapter 28

A reminder. This chapter mostly consists of Eunbi, since it's her backstory.
________

Eunbi was just a young and innocent girl. She was once a girl full of smiles, who made those around her smile as well. Never once had she thought of doing pranks to other people, as she considered that it might make them hurt.

She would often talk to her classmates who's sad, and instantly cheer them up with her gummy smile. She would never ever let those near her be sad even in the slightest. Or at least, until that day came. The day where her smile would disappear.

She was just doing her normal thing, which is playing around with her classmates at the school fields. She was running around, playing tag with her friends when she noticed that there was her classmate staring at her from afar.

She thought that she must've had some business with her, so she excused herself and ran up towards her friend. She called her up and asked whether she wanted to talk to her about something. She didn't give a reply, and instead gave her a grim look.

"I hate you! Seeing you smile everyday makes me sick!" After she had said everything she wanted to say, she left Eunbi alone who was still trying to process everything she just shouted.

She kept thinking of the reason why anyone would hate her for doing such a thing, despite that she had no ill intent behind her acts. She began wondering if everyone else also had the same thought as her, as she trembled at the thought of it. Despite it being only one of her classmates who has said such a thing, she couldn't help but think that those around her must be thinking the same thing.

She started to grow apart from her friends, which of course made them confused as to why she changed. Eunbi would not say anything, in fear of being hated by them. Those who were once her friends, slowly gave up as she became a loner all through elementary school.

Things were also the same once she entered middle school. She was still mindful of those around her, fearing that they might find her to be an annoyance. She'd almost never eat lunch at the cafeteria, and would only eat in secluded places. An empty classroom, the back of the school, an abandoned school toilet, basically everywhere she knows won't consist of people.

Despite it being almost a normal thing for her, she'd often cry due to how she was living her school life. She sobbed at how different her life was compared to the books she read, or the movies she watched. It was as if everything was a lie, as if everything was made to be against her.

Her parents were concerned once she entered high school, but her daughter assured them that she'll be okay and graduate without them having to worry about anything.

Eunbi regretted the fact that her parents were worrying about her social life, and decided that she'll start socializing again once her high school debut started.

The semester started, and things seemed to be going pretty well for Eunbi. She gained a few friends, and was starting to get back to her old self. She'd look out for others, help them with their problems, being the best kind of friend she can be.

Finally her storm has started to let up, she thought to herself. Her rainbow was starting to show, the birds were starting to chip, and trees were about to get its source of sunlight once again.

Unfortunately, it was only for a short part of her life as everything soon crumbles once again.

It was a cloudy day. The wind was blowing strong, which means that Eunbi would have to be careful so she wouldn't be blown away. She had just finished her first class after the school lunch bell, and was about to go back to her class when she forgot her book inside the science lab.