Chapter 29

After Eunbi had calmed herself down from her emotional state, she asked.

"Y/N. I think I want to try and talk with your friend here. May I?"

Both Minju and Y/N looked at each other, before he returned her question with another.

"You mean Minju?"

"Yes. I want to talk to her for a bit. Where is she?" He pointed to what seemed like air to Eunbi, even though Minju was there.

"Can I talk to her? You can be our interpreter, Y/N. Or should I communicate with her using a book instead?"

"Whichever you're comfortable with, noona. I suggest that you talk to her the way you are now, rather than writing on paper. She's able to hear you, after all."

"I feel nervous, Y/N." Minju said, pulling him by the sleeve.

"It's okay, you'll be fine." He replied, calming the shy Minju.

"What was that?" Eunbi asked, after she felt like Y/N was talking to her, when he wasn't.

"Oh, sorry. I was talking to Minju, noona. She said she was nervous because you said that you want to talk to her."

"I see. You should relax, Minju-ya. I won't bite. I'm just going to ask you a few questions, before I go back to my own place."

She smiled, ensuring Minju that she wasn't going to ask anything explicit. Minju was hesitant at first, before picking up a pen and started writing on the book.

Eunbi seemed a bit spooked at first, before proceeding to ask her simple questions such as her name, age, etc. It continued with her asking about how Y/N was back in school, as well as stories she could share.

Minju found herself entertained, after having found someone who she can talk to. Even though it was not a direct conversation, it's better rather than having no one to talk to other than one person.

Time skip

"Why don't we call it a day? We have our classes tomorrow, after all." Eunbi agreed, as she stood up from her seat and saw Daeun following her movement. A question popped up in her mind, and asked.

"But what should we do about Daeun, Y/N? We can't let her be alone with your friend, can we?"

"You're right." He glanced at the two girls, whose eyes are now staring back at him.

"Now that I think about it. What does Minju usually do when you're away at college, Y/N?"

"She's always with me, noona. She's never left my side ever since, because she's afraid that she'll lose me."

She was about to slap him on the back, after hearing how confident he was being when she remembered that she'd restrained herself from doing so.

"I see. Then I'll also bring Daeun to the campus tomorrow. We'll tell the others about her, so make sure to bring Minju as well."

"N-No need, noona! It's fine. We don't need to tell the others about her."

"...why? Aren't we going to solve your friend's problem also?"

"I'm afraid that it'll overcomplicate things tomorrow, since they won't be able to see her in person." His reason wasn't exactly enough to convince Eunbi, but she chose to comply with him and answered.

"Okay, whatever you say."

"I'll be the one to tell them about Minju myself. But for tomorrow, we'll introduce them to Daeun only. How does that sound?"

"Sure."

___________

"Woah... this is weird as heck." Han said, after failing to touch Daeun by the head or any part of her being. Wonyoung herself seemed to be spooked at the occurrence.