Chapter 12

*taking out a key from the pocket noises*

*click*

Y/N opened the door to his apartment. Today felt different for him as he's now gonna start living with another person. A girl, that is.

"Can i rest first, Y/N? I feel a bit tired." Minju said to Y/N who's placing her stuff into his room.

"Sure, you don't have to ask my permission for it. Are you hungry? I can cook you something."

"I do feel a bit hungry, and sleepy...."

....

"Minju?" Y/N glanced over to the sofa looking at Minju who's fast asleep.

This girl...

Y/N took a blanket out of his room and covered her with it in fear of her getting cold.

"Y/N...." She mumbled his name making him turn around. Turns out she was sleep talking.

I'll do whatever it takes to bring you back to normal, Minju-ya.

He left Minju sleeping on his couch as he started cooking some kimchi fried rice for 2, just in case she would like some. Well, why wouldn't she? It's dinner time after all.

The smell of the cooking woke Minju up as she rubbed her eyes while sitting up. The blanket rolling down from her as she stared at it.

He must've put this on me when i fell asleep.

She glanced at his back as he flipped the rice back and forth making sure every piece gets cooked.

"Oh, you're up. You're hungry right?" Y/N asked after noticing that Minju had woken up.

"Help me with the plates." He said to her.

Time skip

Not knowing what to do, the both of them decided to watch a movie after washing the dishes since it was still pretty early.

After the movie was finished, Y/N looked at the clock hanging on the wall showing 12 A.M..

"It's late already. We should sleep." Y/N said to Minju as he headed for his room. Minju followed still a bit hesitant because she was still new to the atmosphere. She set herself on one side of the bed as Y/N set himself on the other.

"Good night, Minju-ya."He said to her as he turned off the nightlight.

After about half an hour of closing his eyes, he still couldn't sleep thinking about Minju's condition.

"Ne, Y/N. Are you still up?" Minju said making him glance over at her.

"I am. I thought you went to sleep already."

"I'm trying. But i can't, Y/N."

"Are you still worried?" He heard her hum meaning she is.

"I'm not gonna sugarcoat things by saying everything is gonna be okay, since i don't really know what's happening to you, nor do i know if there is a way or not. But what i can say is.... i don't know if i ever said it or not. I'll just say it anyway."

He paused taking a breather.

"I would never leave you alone. I can assure you that, Minju-ya. You can lean on me if you ever feel lonely." The room fell silent as seconds after, he heard sounds of movement coming from her.

He was about to turn around when he felt her head resting on his back.

"You told me i could lean on you whenever i feel lonely."

"I-I see. Then you could do that." The both of then stayed like that until eventually he heard her soft snore from her back. He turned around eventually now facing her.

He patted her head before slowly falling to the dream land.

_____________

The next morning.

"What're you doing?" Y/N asked Minju who was putting on her shoes as he's putting on his own at the doorstep.

"Uh, following you?" She answered.

"Why?"

"......ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ᵇᵉ ᵃˡᵒⁿᵉ..." She said mumbling.

"What?"

"Nothing. Come on, it's not like i'm gonna bother you." Minju insisted once more.

"Okay~ Don't walk away by yourself." Y/N said as he opened the door with Minju following.

"What do you think i am? A kid?"

"If that means it'll make you stay near me so i won't be worried about you being lost, yeah. Sure. You're a kid." He said as he locked the door.

"....pabo." Minju said as she blushed slightly.

Y/N then got his phone out after feeling a vibration from it.

"What's wrong?" You asked the girl on the other side.

...

"Really? I guess we have no choice. When's the deadline?"

"What's wrong?" Minju asked him. She waited for him to end the call before he could answer.

"Chaewon said that there's a new rule stated by the campus. All new students must at least join one club."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Don't know why though. I'll just ask Chaewon when we arrive."

Time skip

"So, what's the deal Chaewon-ah?" Y/N asked as he sat next to her with Minju. Not that she could see her.

"I overheard someone saying that there's a new rule stating that we have to at least be in a club starting this semester."

"Huh. So..... is there any reason behind it?"

"They just said that it's so that we'll be active on campus activities instead of going here and walk straight home soon after."

"I see. I don't really mind. So i'm guessing the clubs are gonna start recruiting starting today?"

"Yes. How did you know?"

"Well, aside from tables and chairs being set outside around the whole campus, i don't really have any other reason.  Should we look for one today?"

"Considering that today is the first day, it seems like there'll be a lot of people so.... maybe next week?We could just look around for today and examine the clubs that we have here so that we'll know what to join."

"Sounds good."

"Should i join too?" Minju asked making Y/N look at her confusedly.

"What're you talking about? No one can even see you."

"What was that?" Chaewon asked.

"Ah, it's.... you know..."

"Oh... By the way, i've been wondering. Is she pretty?" Her question made him baffled, meanwhile Minju was looking forward to his answer.

Without hesitation, he answered. "She's probably one of the weirdest girl i've ever met, i can tell you that."

This made Minju pinch him on the side making him grunt. From Chaewon's point of view, it was like he was shot from out of nowhere.

"What happened?!"

"It's... nothing. Jokes aside, she's beautiful. Very, beautiful." Unfortunately, this made Minju pinch him on the side as well. Y/N glared at her as Minju looked away hiding her face from blushing.

"I see. Can you tell me more about your stories with her?" Just then, the professor came to class meaning that it's about to start.

"We'll talk more later." Y/N answered.