Chapter 10

"......and that's what happened." Y/N finally ended feeling as if his mouth was full of foam after explaining the whole story about Minju being invisible.

Chaewon nodded a few times with her eyes closed taking in the whole story Y/N had told her. If this was a fiction, it surely would make sense. But it was real to the both of them.

"I don't get it. How come she just slept through the night, and then wake up in the morning with people unable or even remember the slightest about her?"

Minju who was next to Y/N just watched them as they're having a conversation. Minju wanted to join. But since Chaewon can't really see her, she threw that option out of the window. She could only pout at Y/N who's face were full of focus.

"That i don't know. What i do know is apparently i'm the one who can see her and remember her. This might be a problem since i don't know anyone i could ask for help about this kind of stuff."

".....police?" Chaewon said to him making him look at her weirdly as she gave him an awkward smile while raising her hands. (🤷‍♀️ like this)

Minju rested her head on her right hand as she looked away from them. She then noticed a girl was looking at their direction showing a surprised face, before gathering her composure and left the scene as quick as the wind blows.

Minju started getting suspicious because she could've sworn that the girl looked her in the eye and noticed something was off. Her thoughts were quickly shrugged off as Y/N tapped her on the shoulder asking.

"Ya."

"Wh-what?" Minju looked at him a bit startled.

"I asked you if you knew what happened the night before that might give us a clue." Minju glanced at Chaewon who was looking at her direction, but not in her eyes. She's just looking at where Y/N is looking at due to her being unable to detect Minju.

".....i don't think i did anything strange. I just sat at a park nearby and-"

"Park? Where?" He cut her off raising his voice by a bit. He then looked elsewhere so that it doesn't look like he was talking with the wind. More specifically, an imaginary friend.

"The park near the store we used to hang out at..." Her voice getting lower as she said it.

"Should we go there and investigate?" Y/N looked at her for a bit before looking at Chaewon asking for her participation. She nodded as Minju gave him the green light.

They were supposed to be going to class, but they decided that just cutting one single class wouldn't hurt much. Not like there's anything that connected to Minju's sudden 'disappearance' there or anything.

Time skip

"Nothing, huh?" Y/N said as he looked around the area with Chaewon as well. They found nothing to be out of the ordinary and decided to take a rest on the bench.

"I'm gonna go to the restroom for a bit." Minju said to Y/N as he nodded. He saw Minju walking away and wondered about how could she do it without scaring the others. But then thought maybe she would make sure the coast was clear first before going in.

"Is she gone?" Chaewon asked.

"She said she's gonna go to the restroom. She'll be back in a bit." She found it weird, before then widening her eyes.

"Right... it's not like she's a ghost and all." She fell silent. Her fingers were fidgeting as if wanting to ask Y/N about something, but still torn up on whether she should throw it at him or not.

She ended up asking him.

"Am i.... not important to you anymore?" She asked him.

"What do you mean?" Y/N who was pondering about the reason for Minju's sudden events then stopped after hearing her question.

"I mean, you did all of this to save her. So... is she more important to you?"

"Hm.... good question." Y/N let out a sigh as he laid his head back on the bench looking at the blazing sun. He hovered his hands on top of his head shading his eyes before giving an answer.

"You both are important to me. You being my first other friend besides Minju, and Minju.... my childhood friend. But i'm still not really sure."

"Not sure? About what?"

"Is she really just a childhood friend in my eyes? Or do i see her more than that? This kind of question sometimes lingers in my mind. Do i see her as a woman? Yes. Does she see me as a man? That i don't know. And i'm afraid of finding out because i'm scared of making our relationship fall apart. I do feel like i love her at times, but is it really that?" Y/N took a deep breath after talking a whole speech of his feelings before continuing.

"It's the first time i ever felt like this so i don't really know. I don't have anyone i could ask this stuff about since the friends i have are either you or Minju."

Chaewon felt herself becoming dispirited, but then felt a fluctuation in her feelings towards him. Does she really see him as a guy? Or just a friend? She doesn't know how she feels now after he told her about his problems. But what she do know is that she needs to help him clear his mind.

"But what about Han? Jihoon? Yuqi?" Chaewon cut in between his talks.

"They're... to be honest i'm not really sure about them either. I can't call them friends because i never hung out with them. Just once, but that's it. They're more of an acquintance to me."

"They do see you as a friend though Y/N."

"How do you know?"

"I know so. Despite the fact that you didn't hang out with them in the past, they still see you in that way. You got a few talks with them right? You even helped them quite a number of times, at which they did the same to you. Don't you remember?"

"I remember.... but do they really see me as a friend though?"

"Aish... you. Here. I'll give you their contacts. Try and call them when you feel like it. They'll answer." She opened her phone and sent a few contacts to him which made his phone lit up. His number in contacts has finally increased.

"I'll do that. Thanks Chaewon-ah."

"You're welcome." She answered as she gave him a warm smile.

"Now, talking about your feelings towards her..."

__________

This woman is taking so long! Come on lady, i don't want to freak you out here.

Minju stood outside of her toilet which is vacant, but doesn't really want to walk in yet because she's afraid of scaring the person.

*sigh* This will take our much longer than i thought. Maybe i should just come back later.

She walked out of the restroom and then noticed a familar face looking at her. She gave her a smile before walking around the corner.

Wait.... i remember now! She was the one with me that made that wish! And i could've sworn that she was looking at me... there's no one around me right?

She looked left and right to search for another person's presence. After finding none, she decided to try and catch up to her.