Chapter 32

"Um... no one! I'm just talking to myself, haha..." He laughed nervously.

"I see. You seem too young to be losing your mind, aren't you?" the old lady smiled, unsure of what to make of his response.

This is the old lady I talked to previously! Minju thought, but hesitated to speak up, unsure of her own feelings.

"May I sit next to you?" The old lady asked, to which he replied, "Sure." Minju moved out of the way, making sure not to make any contact with the old woman. He glanced at Minju, noticing her frightened expression, but refrained from asking what was wrong due to her nature.

"It's been a while since I last came here," the old lady chattered.

"Oh. Are you not from around here?"

"I don't exactly have a place I can call home. I move from place to place, only staying temporarily."

Is she homeless? No... she can't be. He wondered, noting that her clothes didn't resemble those of a homeless person.

"I see. Must be exhausting, huh?"

"Not exactly. But enough about me. Let's talk about you. You seem to be troubled when I first came here. Is there something on your mind?"

"Well... yeah... But I can't exactly explain it-"

"Is it about a person who people seem unable to remember or even see?" Both him and Minju were taken aback by her words.

"How do you know that?"

"I've lived long enough to see the secrets of the earth... and your case isn't the first I've encountered. I remember a person who experienced something similar a few years ago. Or was it a few years ago? I can't recall."

"Th-then surely you have met others who have experienced this as well, haven't you?" They thought of Namjoon, who was going through the same ordeal.

"I have, though not all have the exact same condition."

"What do you mean?"

"There are cases where this person is only visible to a select group. The circumstances vary, but there aren't many."

"Then... do they have any solutions? Because I happen to have a person that I know of that have this condition, and I-"

She shook her head. "Many gave up, finding it unsolvable."

Both of them felt as if their heart had been struck by an arrow. Feeling hopeless, both of them started to feel dejected, when she continued.

"I know I said unsolvable, but I said many found it unsolvable."

"Are you saying there's a way out?"

"Of course, but it's not easy. I'm sure you'll find a way," she said, sparking hope in their eyes.

"My. It's rare to see someone who believes me."

"I can't say I fully believe, but your words are motivating. Thank you."

The old lady chuckled, getting up and walking a few steps away before turning back. "There's a term for what your friend is experiencing. I used to call them that, though I don't recall the exact term. I read it in a book somewhere. I wish you luck in finding that book, which might help you seek what you look for."

And just like that, she vanished, leaving them bewildered.

________

Looking back, I found a few chapters to be weird.

How did I write this back then? Why did this happen?

Was what went through my mind when I started reading it to retrace my plot. Luckily enough, I remember how it's supposed to go.

I apologize if the story onwards doesn't match with what happened previously, as I am still currently retracing my steps.

I know it's short af, but please bear with it for now.