Chapter 17

"Wh-what do you mean by that? You aren't just gon-"

"Oh! No, it's not like that." Eunbi said after figuring what he was getting at. She quickly cut in between his sentences before he could finish as she coughed to clear her throat before elaborating.

"I mean like, it's already enougb with just the four of us in the club room. We don't need to search for other members anymore." Y/N kept looking at her waiting for her further explanation as he still doesn't get as to why she decided to do it.

"Like i said yesterday, i'm already content with the 4 of us inside a small, club room. I thought about it last night, and maybe more members doesn't mean it's gonna be better for me." She paused in the middle of her reasoning as she looked at the ground. The bus stop felt different from before since there would usually be 2-3 people waiting for the bus stop to get go wherever their destination are. It seems like those people had different plans for that day.

"I see. Well, you're the president after all noona."

The bus arrived not long after Eunbi had fallen quiet as the two of them got on. They chose a seat near the exit as Eunbi then sat inside with Y/N sitting on the other. Minju looked left and right not knowing where to sit at, and decided to just sit at the front of them while keeping an eye on the two as she kneeled on the seat.

"I can count on you.... right?" She looked up at him with a scared look, as if she was risking it all. This made him, even Minju felt bad for her as she nudged him on the head wanting him to quickly give a response. He nodded before looking back at her.

"You can, noona. I'll try and maybe get you closer to everyone inside the club. But still, you're the president of the club. I'll wait for the activities you're gonna give to us and we'll work things up from there." Eunbi was about to have her face grinning from ear to ear before she gathered herself up keeping her composure.

Despite her attempt in hiding her excitement, he could see her hand fidgetting as if she wanted to give him a hug.

"Are you.... happy?" He asked.

"I am. But i'm afraid i can't be too excited because....." She shook her head retreating.

"...it's nothing. Anyway, i'll be looking forward to your help, Y/N." She gave him a warm smile as Y/N replied to it with one of his.

"Ne, Y/N. How will you help Eunbi-unnie with her social life?" She asked to Y/N as he gave her a look, wanting to reply yet can't really just say it since Eunbi would find it weird. He just gave her a shrug and mouthed the word 'later'. Minju got the idea as she sat back down on the seat since it would be pretty dangerous for her to do it for so long.

"What were you about to say earlier, noona? You seemed like you wanted to tell me something." Minju overheard Y/N asking as she peeked from behind her seat.

"Mm?" She hummed.

"You paused earlier before dismissing it as nothing. What were you about to say? Does it have anything to do with this problem?"

She looked out the window not directly giving him an answer, as if pondering about something.

"I'll tell you when i'm ready Y/N." She gave him a short response as he then decided not to pry into it since it looks like it was more of a private matter than he thought it would be. But whatever it is, it could be one of the main reason the way she is now.

"Sure."

___________

"So, how will you help Eunbi-unnie for her social problems?" Minju asked to Y/N as the two of them are finally alone. Well, not really since they're still walking in public.

But at least he's kept space with other people so they wouldn't hear him mumbling to himself.

"I haven't really thought about it. But it wouldn't be that hard right Minmin?" He asked for her confirmation.

"I don't know about that. I'm the wrong person to talk to if you wanna ask about this stuff."

"Right. Sorry.  But at least you'll help me with her problem won't you?" Y/N gave her a puppy look as it made Minju felt disgusted by it, but still somehow somewhat cute to her eyes.

"I will." She gave him a pout making him giggle as her face got flushed a bit by his response.

Time skip

"So.... we're all here now." Eunbi said to the whole member (+1 Minju) as they're all now gathered in a certain place at a certain bench.

"I know we still only have 4 members, including me that is, but you guys don't need to work hard to attain more members." This gained a confused reaction from both Chaewon and Wonyoung as Y/N could only giggle deep inside since he already knew of the reason.

"Eh? Shouldn't we work hard to gain more members unnie?" Wonyoung asked as Chaewon nodded in agreement.

"Y-You guys don't have to worry about that. Because personally i think the 4 of us is already enough. Plus the budget for our club has been set after all, so more members doesn't mean more budget either." Eunbi explained herself. The two other girls just agreed to her explanation despite them still not fully understanding the reason behind it.

"But still, we can't really let the booth be deserted, right unnie?" Eunbi agreed.

"That's why, i've decided that only 2 people will stay at the booth today. And...." She took something out of her bag and scattered some papers that have been rolled by her sincerely.

"The 2 people who picks the X-marked paper will be the ones who'll be manning the booth today. I'll pick last so you guys can go ahead." All of them then each pick up the rolled paper as various reactions were gained from it.

Time skip

Well..... frick.

Y/N thought to himself as he's now stuck with a girl whom he only knows the name of. The girl seemed a bit young to be a university student as Y/N was caught to be stealing glances to her.

She's quite tall. Almost the same height as me i think. About 2-3 cm apart.

"Y/N. I'm bored." Minju strikes again as Y/N gave her a worried look.

"Why don't we play some games later? Would it make you feel better?" He whispered to her as he could've sworn he saw two fox ears came out from her head. She nodded her head in excitement as it made him feel like melting.

"What was that oppa?" Wonyoung who was next to him asked. She probably heard him mumbling to himself which sparked a curious Wonyoung.

"Ah. I was just thinking about some stuff and mumbling. Don't worry about it."

"Really" She asked once again.

"Mm."

"Are you sure you're not talking to an invisible girl?"