。1 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

"Nova! Can you come downstairs, now please! It's time to go!" Martin shouted up the stairs.

Soon, Nova came bobbing down the stairs, smiling at her dad who grinned, picking her up as Jackie came out of the kitchen. Jackie picked up Nova's shoes and put them on, doing up the laces for her, showing the young girl how to do them since she'd asked.

"Have you got everything you want?" Jackie questioned, pulling on her coat.

"Yeah." Nova nodded, patting her rucksack with a grin. She'd put in a colouring book and the pencils to go with it, her stuffed Kiwi bird teddy and her book about space.

"Good. Let's go." Martin grinned as the family left the house.

Martin strapped Nova into the backseat before getting in the drivers seat, Jackie in the passenger seat. They started for Sally and Lance's house and Nova started to doodle patterns on the window because of the condensation that was on it.

"D-Daddy." Nova spoke up and Martin hummed. "C-can you put o-on the rad-d-dio, please?"

"Ah, even better." Martin replied, putting in a DVD and Nova smiled as the sound of Killer Queen filled her ears.

The car ride took around half an hour, because of traffic, before they were pulling up at Sally and Lance's house. Jackie un-strapped Nova from her car seat and helped her out of the car, holding her hand and rucksack as they made their way to the front door.

They rang the doorbell and were greeted with Sally's smiling face. The brown haired woman ushered them inside, placing Nova's rucksack on a coat peg for her as she took off her shoes per her parents request. Lance came into the hallway, greeting the family with a smile and a 'hello'.

"Thank you for this, you two." Jackie stated, checking the time on her watch; she didn't want to miss their reservation.

"Oh, it's no bother, really." Sally waved her off, ruffling Nova's hair. "You're family."

"We really must be going, darling. We'll be late." Martin sighed, checking the clock on the hallway wall.

"Go and have a good night." Lance shooed them. "Go on, rid of ya!"

"We'll see you later tonight, Nova." Jackie smiled, crouching down to hug Nova who hugged her back. "Love you."

"Love you, too, Mum-mmy." Nova mumbled as Martin crouched down for a hug.

"I'll be there to tuck you in and read you a story, yeah? What d'you want tonight?" Martin questioned.

"Mrs. Tid-ddywinkle." Nova replied.

"You got it, love. Love you." Martin smiled, squeezing her tightly.

"Love y-you, too." Nova responded a Martin pulled away from the hug, wrapping an arm around Jackie's waist. "Bye!"

"Bye!" Her parents waved, leaving the house.

Nova spent the next couple of hours colouring and reading in the living room while The Lion King played in the background; another one she watched religiously. Logan, for once, wasn't a bother to her and just sat and watched the film that he actually quite liked as well.

Jackie and Martin were later coming home than Sally and Lance thought they'd be so they took Nova upstairs and placed her down in the spear bedroom where she cuddled up with her Kiwi teddy, rolling over on the pillows to try  and get comfortable. Sally kissed her forehead goodnight and made her way back downstairs.

The toddler couldn't have been sleeping for more than two hours when a crash sounded from downstairs. Sleepily, Nova sat up, rubbing her eyes with her fists before hopping out of the bed, her Kiwi clutched to her chest and she carefully walked down the stairs.

Nova stopped the bottom of the stairs and her bottom lip started to wobble, tears falling down her face as she saw Sally and Lance dead on the floor, blood flowing freely from the bullet wounds in their heads. Logan was no where in sight and Nova presumed he was still in bed; he was a heavy sleeper.

The toddler ran towards the body's, crouching next to them as she sobbed for them to wake up. There were around three or four men in the house, looking around the kitchen to check for anymore people but they didn't bother going upstairs.

The tallest of the men, with a metal arm and longish brown hair, moved towards Nova and picked her up. The young girl screamed abs cried, kicking and punching at the soldier. He grunted in annoyance at the child before crouching and grabbed her the Kiwi that had fallen from her hands.

The soldier handed her the teddy back and she clutched it close to her chest, still sniffling loudly as she looked away from the dead bodies. Nova looked up at the soldier in confusion, her head tilting slightly at his mask as he just stared back at her.

"I w-want my mum-m-mmy." Nova mumbled, sniffling loudly.

The soldier didn't reply but started to leave the house, still holding the toddler. Nova kicked and punched at his chest again, starting to scream and wail in fear. Pausing in his steps, the soldier waited for a shorter man to approach them. He held a large syringe and pressed the needle into Nova's neck, the toddler being knocked out immediately.

Taking Nova through the woods, the soldier entered a jet and placed her on the floor, on top of a sponge mattress. The rest of the men came back in from the house and one of them started the jet, taking off into the night, completely unnoticed by anyone.

Nova lay unmoving and unaware of what was about to happen to her. Soon enough, everything she'd come to love would be ripped away from her and replaced with pain, suffering and discomfort.

The toddler wouldn't grow up learning to roller skate on Christmas Day. She wouldn't know the feeling of opening her first bike. She wouldn't know the feeling of her first sleepover.   She wouldn't have her first scrapped knee from falling out of a tree. She wouldn't enjoy herself.

Nova Black wouldn't have a childhood.

{1028}