。18 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

Green eyes stared out of the window, eye flickering to each twinkling star in the sky. Pupils blown out wide, a thin ring of the jade green circling the darkness. They lit up as a thin streak of light stabbed across the sky in a downward motion. The first shooting star those eyes had ever seen.

Nova's lips twitched upwards into a small smile as she continued to glance at the night sky with a glimmer of hope. Hand by her head in handcuffs, the other clutched Peach to her chest in excitement. She'd hope she would see another soon but the sight was rare. Although, she wished on it.

Across the room, the shuffling of sheets were heard and Jenny sat up in her bed, unable to sleep. Her eyes cast to Nova, a tiny grin splitting her face as she saw the stars shining in the girls eyes. She tried to roll over, hoping to talk to her but her handcuffs clanged on the headboard.

Hearing the noise, Nova turned to face her, smile becoming wider at the girl. Jenny returned it, her own grin growing. They couldn't talk across the beds though, it would alert the soldier; the thought making them frown.

An idea popped into Nova's head and she bent over the bed to reach into her bedside table. Opening the draw to her first aid supplies, she pulled out a small needle, reaching up to stick it into the lock of her cuffs. A small hiss passed her lips when she accidentally stabbed herself instead of the lock but she got there in the end, wiggling it until it unlocked.

Quickly and quietly, Nova moved over to Jenny's bed and did the same to hers, the brown-eyed-girl giving a small giggle of glee. Once she was out of them, Nova grabbed her hand and pulled her to her bed, the pair sitting down and turning out to the window again.

"Whoa." Jenny gasped quietly, looking at the different sizes of the stars.

"I-I just saw a shoo-shooting one." Nova whispered and Jenny turned to her, hair flicking in her ponytail at how fast she did.

"Really? Did you make a wish?" Jenny asked, that child-like wonder still somehow running through the both of them.

"Yeah." Nova nodded as if it was obvious.

"What was it?" Jenny asked, excitedly.

"I can't tell you, that." Nova scoffed. "Ruin-ruins the wish."

"Boring. Can I have a hint?" Jenny tried, sighing dramatically when Nova shook her head with a small smirk. "So rude, honestly."

"Shut up." Nova smiled and Jenny giggled again, leaning against the girls shoulder and Nova tried to hide the small blush in her cheeks, breathing deeply.

"When... When you graduate, will you forget about me and Lily?" Jenny asked nervously, frowning a little.

"No." Nova answered immediately and Jenny smiled. "Y-you piss me off too mu-much."

"Hey!" Jenny whined at her playful insult and Nova smiled wider, eyes focused on the stars. "What's your favourite star?"

"'S not st-star it's a const-constellation. Sagittarius. Or saggy titius." Nova joked and Jenny smiled up at her.

"So stupid." Jenny giggled.

"Fine. Wh-what's yours?" The ebony haired girl asked.

"Nova star." Jenny grinned.

"It's pretty. Lots of colours i-if you get a goo-good picture." Nova mused and Jenny rolled her eyes at the girl.

"Forget your star choice, you're stupid." Jenny commented playfully.

"Thank you." Nova smirked.

Outside, distant footsteps sounded and the pair panicked. They stiffened, Jenny about to get up but the footsteps passed the hallway to their dorms. Sighing in relief, Jenny relaxed against Nova's shoulder again. After some time of looking out of the window, the pair turned to face one another, sitting cross legged on Nova's bed.

"You-you have very pretty eyes." Nova said randomly and Jenny bowed her head a little, heat rising in her face.

"They're boring." Jenny denied.

"Nah. They look like chocolate. And I like ch-chocolate." Nova mumbled. "Who doesn't like chocolate?"

"Mad people." Jenny giggled and Nova nodded in agreement. "I'm gonna quiz you now."

"Sounds horrible." Nova commented with a smile.

"Shush, quiz in session. Favourite princess?" Jenny quizzed.

"Real life or Dis-Disney?"

"Disney? I don't know many real ones."

"Ariel." Nova replied immediately.

"Me too." Jenny beamed. "I wanna be a mermaid."

"I want a talking cr-crab." Nova sniggered and Jenny joined her.

"Okay, favourite fruit? Same time, go." Jenny ordered.

"Pineapple." The pair whispered together.

"Okay, I have one." Nova smiled. "Does pineapple belong on pizza?"

"Definitely." Jenny nodded firmly. "Before I came here, that was one of the only things I would eat."

"I can still taste it fro-from when I was three. It's l-like it's in my mouth." Nova joked. "I wish it was."

"Me too. I miss pizza." Jenny pouted.

"The-they don't even season the chicken." Nova grumbled and Jenny huffed in agreement.

"Back to films. What do you think of romance films?" Jenny questioned, shuffling.

"Depends on the film. Some a-a-are too mushy but others are funny." Nova shrugged.

"Do you think love is for children? That's what we're told." Jenny mumbled.

"I don't know if you know this, b-but, we're children." Nova muttered with a smile and Jenny giggled.

{892}