。22 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

Nova shifted in her seat a little, looking out of the window of the car. They were close to George's house and she recognised the vaguely familiar streets of Coventry. Music played on the radio from a CD and her foot tapped on the floor to it.

"I'm sorry I'm not talking or asking questions, I just can't look at you without crashing the car." George joked and Nova smiled a little, fiddling with the strap of her bag. "Doesn't matter now, we're home."

Looking out of the window, Nova's eyes scanned over the house. It was two levels with an attic, all brick with white edges to the windows, curtains drawn over most of them. It was packed between two other houses that looked the same.

Opening the car door, Nova stepped out and grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder. A small smile played on her lips, momentarily forgetting the fact this was a mission and not a new home. George pulled his keys out, placing a hand on her shoulder and leading her to the door, opening it and they walked inside.

All up the stairs and across the walls were photos of a family; George a woman with light blonde, short hair, a boy with black hair and blue eyes and a girl with brown-blonde hair and brown eyes. Nova pulled off her shoes as George took her bag for her, hanging it on the stair banister.

"George, is that you, darling?" A voice called from down the hallway and Nova's head snapped up.

"Yeah, I'm home." George replied, pulling off his jacket.

Shoes clicked against tiles and the door to the hallway was pulled open and Nova looked at the woman that walked in, her face lit with a warm smile. She was in a navy blue jumpsuit with a belt around her waist the same colour, her heels looking a lot like rope on the bottom apart from the soul.

"Hi, darling." She beamed, kissing his cheek before she looked towards Nova, her smile widening. "You must be Nova. It's so lovely to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, too." Nova signed to her, returning the friendly smile.

"Excellent sign language." She praised. "Sorry, forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kerry. Would you like to see your room or a drink?"

"Could I see my room, please?" Nova asked politely and the couple smiled a little wider.

"Now, we didn't know what you liked so we thought we could do it when you arrived. That's why it's a little plain at he moment." Kerry explained, leading her up the stairs and George followed, carrying her bag for her.

Nova nodded lightly as Kerry pushed open the door to her bedroom revealing an all white room apart from the bed sheets which were grey, the single bed pushed into the corner of the room. It was bigger than her bed at the academy and looked a lot softer, too.

"Make yourself at home and come down when you're ready, okay?" Kerry questioned softly, nudging her shoulder.

"Thank you." Nova signed.

"It's no problem. Welcome home, Nova." Kerry mumbled softly, brushing some of the girls black locks from her face, giving her a final smile before she and George went back downstairs.

Nova walked inside of the room and closed the door behind her, nibbling on her thumb nail as she looked over her new room. Deciding to enjoy it while it lasted, Nova smiled and jumped over to the bed, sitting down on it. It was so much softer than the Red Room that it was almost too soft.

Drawers were across the room so she decided to unpack, putting her trousers and skirts in one draw, t-shirts in another, dresses in the bottom one and underwear in the top part with her socks. She placed Peach on her pillow and then stood in the middle of her room, not really knowing what else to do.

It was strange to be welcomed to a family. People she didn't even know already seemed to like and trust her. She liked them. They seemed nice enough to her but this was temporary. Like a bruise. It would eventually fade away as her mission would end and she would go back to the academy.

For now, though, she had a home.

{727}