。48 。 

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

Nova sat on a tram on her way to Jenny's old flat. Her leg tapped up and down impatiently, her bag in her lap.

"Hungry!" Venom growled in her mind and her body propelled in front of her, her bag falling to the floor as she grabbed the bars beside her.

"Oh, fuck. Hey." Nova chuckled nervously to the people around her that were staring. "I'm okay. Don't worry about me. Can I get through, mate? Excuse me. Cheers. I'm just gonna stay here, alright? Till the tram stops." It squeaked to a stop. "We're good. Alright."

Nova got off, making a quick stop at a corner shop to grab some food which was potato smiley faces. When she opened the apartment, it was a mess clearly old but Nova just shoved the potato smileys into the microwave and waited for them to cook.

While she waited, the phone she was given rang and she pulled it out, answering it seeing it was Jenny, "Oh, hey, love."

"Nova, hi. How you feeling?" Jenny asked gently.

"Oh, feeling. Fine, fine." Nova lied.

"Well, Nova, you have a parasite." Jenny stated. "They're not exactly sure how you got it but it would explain the fever."

"That makes sense." Nova hummed. "Also, I'm hearing a voice."

"Auditory hallucinations are actually very common." Dan spoke up.

"Oh, hey, Dan. You're there." Nova said.

"Yeah, I'm here." He replied and Nova nodded, humming.

"Hey, Dan, would this parasite would it be able to make me, I don't know... Like swim from Scotland to San Francisco but super, super fast?" Nova asked.

"Yes, we just did." Venom growled and she jolted, turning to the side.

"It sounds like it might be causing some metabolic abnormalities that are making it hard for your body to maintain homeostasis." Dan explained.

"You said 'causing' and 'body' and... I lost you." Nova waved her hand around, feeling out of it and fuzzy.

"Listen, Nova, um, we're gonna get you on some meds and we're gonna clear that out." Dan told her.

"Never gonna happen." Venom stated.

"Will you stop doing that now. Not now." Nova hissed.

"Nova, we're just trying to help you." Jenny mused.

"I know. I'm just- I not actually talking to you, love." Nova said.

"Who are you talking to?" Jenny asked.

"I also need other meds." Nova avoided the question. "I forgot mine I was busy... escaping."

"Meds? What meds?" Jenny questioned.

"For ADHD and there was some type of ant-depressant." Nova answered.

"Anti-depressant? What happened?" Jenny quizzed hurriedly.

"Oh, just tried to kill myself. No big deal. Can I get those, too?" Nova asked Dan and the line was silent for a moment.

"We can make you a prescription after some tests." Dan said.

"Without the tests? Is that a no?" Nova pushed.

"We can't have people taking medication and not know if it's for a true reason." Dan explained.

"Wonderful. Bye." Nova hung up.

Music suddenly blared from the flat opposite to her and it greatly angered Nova because of her body and the parasite inside of her. She kicked a stool over, her hands reaching to grip the roots of her hair tightly. The feedback of the speaker screeched and the air around her seemed to blend with objects as she placed her hands over her ears.

Nova stormed out of the flat and bashed her fist on the door repeatedly until a man with long hair answered, "Yeah?"

"Hey, can you turn your music down? 'Cause I'm havin' a really hard time." Nova grumbled, her skin shining with sweat.

The man scoffed, "Whatever." Venom suddenly fronted on her face, her eyes becoming large, cloudy and white with black veins surrounding them, her teeth jagged, large and pointy. "Yeah, sure, man. Yeah." The man whimpered. "I'll just turn it right down."

"Thanks. Cheers." Nova mumbled, walking back into the flat.

{655}