。46 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

Nova had planned on tracking Jenny down through the methods she was taught but unknowingly to her, the parasite inside of her had other plans. Venom had forced her body to become unconscious before he swam to San Francisco.

When Nova woke up, she was on the Golden Gate Bridge, extremely close to the road. To avoid being hit by a car, she stood up and started to rush down the path. Her pace sped until she was running and off of the bridge, making her way into the street.

Spotting an Apple Store, Nova pushed her way inside and went to a laptop. Brushing sweat from her eyebrow, the girl started to type, trying to track down Jenny. She could have been half way across the world but she was the only person Nova could still trust in her mind.

"Ah, fuck." Nova groaned quietly when her stomach churned again, feeling insanely hungry. Then Jenny's name popped up with her address. She lived in San Francisco. Nova closed everything down and started to run out of the shop again, smashing into someone. "Shit!"

"Sorry." The man apologised.

"Okay." Nova mumbled, rushing off.

Heading towards Jenny's address, Nova made a stop at a shop and stole a hoodie and a pair of jeans to change into because her leggings and t-shirt had become sweaty from the parasite. However, it wasn't long before the grey hoodie was darkening around her neck and chest.

She decided to call Jenny's place of work which happened to be a lawyer firm. Nova guessed she was either newly appointed a lawyer or was training to become one.

"Food." Venom growled in her mind and Nova jolted at the voice.

"Who said that?" Nova asked literally no one because Venom didn't say anything else. The man down the phone said a faint 'What?'. "I'm not talkin' to you." He then gave her her current location. "Thanks, thanks."

Nova caught sight of the restaurant Jenny had gone to and shoved open the door hastily, waving off a waitress when she went to ask if she had a table, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh, yes. Jenny."

"Oh, my God. Nova?" Jenny asked, standing from her seat, nearly knocking the chair over. "You got out?"

"You look wonderful. But I have a problem." Nova rushed, crouching beside her table, looking slightly crazed. "I have to tell you something, love."

"Maybe not here-"

"No, no, no." Nova interrupted, the man opposite Jenny staring at her with wide eyes. "You're the only person I trust and know that isn't dead right now."

"Are you drunk?" Jenny questioned, holding down Nova's hand when she saw the teenager reach for her gun. "No."

"No. I think Carlton Drake wants to destroy the world or some shit." Nova whispered.

"Nova, what?" Jenny asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, but I may- I may have been infected. I got picked for the experiment and... and this thing." Nova rambled, Jenny pressing her hand to the back of her head.

"She's burning up." Jenny said to the man. "You're really hot."

"Thank you, but no time to flirt." Nova brushed her off.

"Nova, is it?" The man asked.

"Yeah, who the fuck are you?" Nova questioned, her grip tight on the weapon in her pocket.

"I'm Dan. Nova, you look like you're in a bad way-"

"I am in a bad way!" Nova snapped, standing up as a waiter walked past. She grabbed the lobster off the plate and took a bite out of it like an animal, spitting it out afterwards.

"Nova, Jesus!" Jenny exclaimed in shock.

Nova slammed the rest of the lobster back onto the plate, "This is dead. Dead."

"Nova, sit down." Jenny ordered but Nova was walking away to another table looking for food. She reached for someone's chicken.

"Nova, Nova, hey. I'm so sorry." Dan apologised to the man who's chicken she'd tried to steal.

"Nova, quit it." Jenny tried. "Nova, snap out of it." She slapped the assassin who turned to Dan.

A growl sounded from somewhere in her mind and it was as though she couldn't control her movements, her hand reaching for Dans face before she shoved him away by the face, "No. Alright. It's no good."

She then grabbed the woman's face in the seat beside her, shoving her back to eat her food. A man sat forward only to be hit in the face with Nova's elbow. Dan pushed Nova away and she spat out the chicken wing.

"I'm hot. Is anyone else hot?" Nova panted, looking around the restaurant.

"Ma'am, excuse me-"

"No! Sh!" Nova shushed a waitress, heading towards a lobster tank.

"Wait, where are you going? Nova?" Jenny asked as she started to climb up to the tank.

"This is unacceptable. I'm gonna call the police." The waitress said.

"What are you doing? No, please don't." Jenny pleaded as Nova climbed into the tank. "No, Nova, please."

"Ah." Nova sighed in relief, relaxing in the tank of cold water.

"Now, I'm gonna call the police." The waitress said.

"No, no, please don't call the police. Here, call an ambulance. I'm a doctor. This woman is my, um, patient."

"It's mu...much better." Nova breathed happily.

"You are insane." Jenny hissed, rushing over to the tank.

"He's gonna kill people." Nova mumbled. "And not like the people we kill."

"Who's killing people?" Jenny questioned.

"Carlton Drake." Nova answered.

"Oh, God, Nova. He's not. He's a scientist. He isn't linked to the Red Room." Jenny sighed.

"Yes, he is! He is!" Nova objected. "I wish I had proof!"

The growling went off in her mind again and her hands were made to dip into the tank, grabbing a lobster, Jenny rushing away as the water splashed her. Nova bit into the lobster with ease, the people in the restaurant exclaiming in horror and disgust, unaware of her situation.

"Hey, Nova..." Dan trailed off, stepping closer to the tank after Nova took another large bite of the lobster.

"Hm?"

{1010}