。24 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

Nova lay in bed fiddling with the cover of her pillow. She was starting school today and had no idea what she would have to do, who to talk to and where to go. With her intellect, she was at least a year above her age in the school system so she would be starting year 7 instead of going into junior school, joining Sophie in going to secondary school.

The brown haired girl slammed open Nova'a bedroom door, a wide happy grin on her face as she looked to the child. Nova sat up, facing her as Sophie walked over and sat on her bed, the pair with crossed-legs.

"You nervous?" Sophie asked gently and Nova nodded. "I was, too, in year 7. But I've been there for 3 years and it's not completely awful. Just the homework. So, today or until you make some new friends, d'you wanna sit with me and my mates?"

"Yes, please." Nova signed.

"I'll leave you to get ready. It's gonna be fine, Nova." Sophie assured softly and Nova gave her a nod and a small smile. "By the way, we have pancakes for breakfast. What d'you want on them?"

Nova couldn't remember the last time she'd had a pancake so she shrugged.

"How about my favourite; strawberries and chocolate spread?" Sophie questioned and Nova nodded simply. "Delicious. I'll see you downstairs."

Sophie closed the door behind her and Nova started to get ready. After a quick shower, Nova started to pull on her uniform; a white shirt, a red and gold tie with some black trousers, she chose those instead of a pencil skirt, plus she had to wear a grey blazer.

James gave her a smile as he left his bedroom, closing the door behind him and she did the same with hers, letting him go downstairs before her. Once they got to the kitchen, Kerry and George gave them both smiles and a 'morning' as he left to go to work before Sophie was dragging Nova over to her 'pancake making station'.

When Sophie met Nova, she seemed the most excited and the younger girl guessed it was because she had never had a sister, only a brother. And she'd never had one either, so it excited her, too.

"I like to roll mine up and eat them like a sausage." Sophie giggled and Nova smiled lightly as she paced strawberries on the chocolate spread.

"Quicker way." Nova signed and Sophie nodded in agreement, taking a bite of her rolled up pancake, wiping chocolate spread from her cheek.

"Sit down while you're eating, darling." Kerry smiled, standing to make herself a cup of coffee. "Juice?"

"Apple, please." Nova replied and Kerry poured her a glass. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Kerry nodded and the pair of girls sat down.

After Nova and Sophie had finished their breakfast, they made their way to school walking together. When they walked inside, the receptionist gave them a raised eyebrow and Nova looked over at Sophie who just rolled her eyes.

Once the lengthy process of the receptionist realising Nova was in fact supposed to be there, she let them go through and Sophie led her over to a group of people all sat at a table laughing together.

"That's Mike, Alex, Lexi, Katy and Dylan." Sophie introduced and her friends gave Nova warm smiles. "This is Nova."

"Hi. Gummy bear?" Dylan asked her, holding out a bag and Sophie nodded for her to take one when she saw her looking up at her cautiously; she wasn't used to taking things without a consequence.

"Thanks." Nova signed and Sophie repeated it to Dylan.

"It's fine." She smiled. "Your sister is surprisingly nice when she's living with you, Soph."

"Fuck off." Sophie grumbled, sitting down and Nova did the same, a red headed boy smiling at her from across the table.

"Don't mind them. They like to flirt." Mike whispered and she grinned with a nod.

"We do not." Dylan scoffed and the table broke out into arguments of 'yes, you do's.

"C'mon, it's painfully obvious. I mean, you should just kiss already." Alex scoffed, picking at his sausage roll.

"Behind the bike sheds is always free." Lexi snorted and both Sophie and Dylan flipped her off.

"Nova, never go behind the bike sheds." Sophie warned and her eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm guessing your confused because I can hear the cogs spinning." Katy spoke up. "Behind the bike sheds is where the year 10's get fingered and the year 11's fuck."

"Hey! She's ten." Sophie slapped Katy's shoulder. "I doubt she even knows."

"No, I do." Nova signed and Sophie hummed.

"What did she say?" Alex questioned.

"She does know. How?" Sophie asked her.

"Films at the academy and we get taught about sex." Nova shrugged.

"At 10?" Sophie raised her eyebrows in shock.

"No. 7." Nova denied.

"Oh. Lucky you're never going back to that academy." Sophie mused and Nova nodded in false agreement.

"Girls, boys, you're not allowed sweets this early." A teacher said, storming over to the table holding a book.

"Fuck off." Mike groaned into his hand, taking some gummy bears from Dylan and shoving them in his mouth, facing the teacher. "They're so delicious."

"I can't even give you another detention for talking back." The teacher sighed before looking down at Nova with beady eyes. "Who are you?"

"This is Nova, she's my sister." Sophie introduced and the teacher hummed.

"Well, I'm Mrs. Cooper." The teacher said, holding her hand out and Nova shook it, a little amused.

"Anne." Alex said through clearing his throat and the table snickered as Mrs. Cooper sighed. "Oh, it's always funny when teachers have first names."

"How old are you, Nova?" Mrs. Cooper asked sharply.

"She's 10." Sophie spoke up.

"She can answer for herself. Why are you in this school if you are only 10?" Mrs. Cooper snapped.

"Because I'm too smart for junior school, babes." Nova signed back sassily and Sophie snorted at Mrs. Cooper's face.

"She's too smart for junior school." Sophie grinned and Mrs. Cooper nodded, pushing her glasses up before striding off.

"You said the only bad thing was the homework. Not the cocksucker of a teacher." Nova told Sophie who grinned.

"You're gonna fit in great with us." Sophie whispered.

"What did she say?" Katy asked.

"Called Mrs. Cooper a cocksucker." Sophie answered.

"You are officially the best 10 year old I've ever met." Dylan grinned.

"Don't you have a 10 year old brother?"

"If he stops hiding my shoes, I'll have a brother."

"Watch out, Dylan's on the loose and so are her floor slappers."

"Fuck off, Lexi."

{1112}