。17 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

Sat in the library, Nova read aloud to the air. Winter had to go on a mission today and she most likely wouldn't see him until tomorrow, making her bored and a little lonely. The library was eerily quiet, the only sound was her stuttering chatter as she read Misery for a second time in two months; it was quickly becoming her new favourite.

Since starting her assessments to graduate, Nova had seen less of the soldier and presumed he was ordered to keep away for a while. The only time she really saw him was during her speech lessons. When she had the soldiers help, she was amazing at her given tasks. The Red Room just wanted to know if she could work without support. So far, she was fine. Advanced, even.

The door to the library suddenly flung open and she tried not to flinch as the wood bounced off the wall. Looking up, she saw one of the doctors in a rush. Spotting her on her table, he stormed over to her and grabbed her by the arm, pulling her along.

After walking down many hallways, she was thrusted into a room where she stumbled to a stop. The door was slammed shut before she could even think about asking questions. A clang and a crash was heard behind her and she span to see Winter there, blood covering his hair, visible parts of his face and his suit. A doctor was now being pinned to the table by him, shaking nervously.

Nova's breath hitched in her throat, feeling unable to breath. She'd never seen the soldier like this and now thought herself lucky he was nice to her. Winter pulled his fist back and punched the doctor in the face, making his nose crack. An agent approached him, guns strapped to his chest, and tried to tug Winter off the man.

Angrily, Winter span to him and picked him up by the throat, metal fist squeezing his throat in a deathly grip. Nova's brows furrowed when she saw a few sparks come from his shiny limb before it seemed to spasm and he dropped the agent who gasped in a deep breath, trying to fill his lungs.

Glaring down at his metal arm, Winter tried rolling it over his shoulder but it seemed broken still. On shaking legs, Nova slowly advanced towards the soldier and tentatively  place a hand on his flesh hand. His eyes snapped to her and they seemed to soften ever so slightly. No one would've realised it but Nova.

"What's wrong?" Nova asked, voice shaking and she willed herself to push past her stutter.

"My arm's broken because of them." Winter's glare returned to the petrified doctor and the panting agent.

"I-I can fix it." Nova nodded and the two other men in the room watched with caution.

Winter slowly nodded down at her and she gestured to his chair so he plopped down on it, placing his metal limb in the rest for it. Not knowing where to sit, Nova looked around before she was hauled onto his lap, the tool table shoved next to her by the soldier. The agent stood up, neck bruising as he stared at the little girl with wide eyes.

"Soldier-"

"Quiet." Winter snapped immediately interrupting the agent and the doctor flinched, standing up too.

"She is not allowed to do that. She's a little girl. She could break your arm more." The doctor told him and Nova rolled her eyes.

"She knows what to do." Winter grumbled as she picked up a screwdriver. "Get me a record player."

"You can't give us orders." The agent scoffed, suddenly confidant again and Nova took in his black hair and tanned skin. He looked young, around mid twenties.

"She needs the music." Winter mumbled and she glanced up at him with furrowed eyebrows, confused by his words.

The soldier had noticed her ability to concentrate was increased if music was playing. Whether it was in her head, her foot tapping, the piano in the training room or from the record player she used to dance, it would help. If not, she would easily lose focus without music unless she enjoyed what she was doing in that lesson.

"Get the record player." The doctor ordered and the agent slowly stepped out of the room as Nova pulled the panels off his arm, revealing the problem to her.

"Get out." Winter demanded. "She needs music and me. Not you."

With a rapid and scared nod, the doctor scurried from the room and Nova couldn't help but giggle at his expression. Carefully, she placed the panels onto the table and started to look at the wires, trying to click together the pieces in her mind. The agent sauntered into the room, placing the record down on the floor and plugging it in in the outlet available.

Nova gave a little hum of satisfaction when a slow French song flowed into her ears. For some reason, the magical pattern of the perfect piano notes helped her think and she found the correct wires, moving them in the right way as to not electrocute herself or the soldier.

The agent soon left the room after the doctor came to snag him away, leaving Winter with Nova. His eyes stared ahead of him as she worked away at his arm, re-thinking the mission he had just been on. Glancing up at him, Nova frowned a little. He always helped her when she was like this, so she should help him.

"I've start-started my grad-graduation." Nova muttered and his ocean eyes flickered down at her. "General Dreykov thinks I'll be do-doing missions once I'm ten. Maybe we would do one together."

"What did you score?" Winter questioned quietly.

"98% on shooting. 100% on m-my knife work. I still have my la-language lessons and my fight-fighting assessment." Nova replied, picking up a new tool.

"Use your special trick." Winter murmured. "I'm not gonna be there when you have your fight assessment."

"Why not?" Nova quizzed.

"I'm not allowed to be. I just stay during training and to help your speech." He told her and she nodded. "Be sneaky."

"Like a snake." She smiled.

"Like a snake." He agreed.

It was quiet for a while, the gently clinking of the tools in his metal arm. Nova's humming blended in with the song and her head swayed a little to the soft sounds. Soon enough, she was putting the panels back into his arm, screwing them into place, her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth.

"Done." Nova sighed, placing the tools back down and she looked to Winter's face.

"You can go now." He grumbled.

"I will." She assured before reaching up to lift his mask off his face.

His brows furrowed, head twitching back as an immediate reaction. Sensing his hesitation, Nova slowly placed her hands on his cheeks and grabbed a wipe from the table beside her. Gently, she cleaned the blood from his face as he would usually do, wiping away the droplets of his victims.

{1192}