。56 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

Nova walked towards the sports bar she was hoping to get a job for, pushing open the door. It was filled with men, barely any women in there and she sighed through her nose when she caught the outfits the girls had to wear; short pleated skirts and a crop top that could be considered a bra.

A man was behind the bar, making drinks and she walked closer to him, smiling awkwardly at him, receiving a relaxed one back, "Hi, I'm here for an interview."

"You might wanna go to the managers office. It's just down there." He told her with a thick, rough English accent, pointing in the direction of it.

"Cheers." Nova nodded and walked down to the office, knocking. She pushed the door open when she heard a 'come in'. "Hey, I'm here for an interview. To serve tables."

"Mhm." The man looked up from his desk and scanned her body over. "Pull your t-shirt back."

"What?" Nova chuckled in disbelief and he just raised an eyebrow so she did as ordered, revealing the curvaceous shape of her body. He hummed again.

"Do you have experience in waitressing?" He asked.

"No." Nova replied. "But I know what to do."

"Yeah... Do you have a criminal record?" He asked.

"No." She shook her head.

"Okay, you're hired. I'm Larry, the manager." He told her. "Come in on Monday at 5pm for your first shift. Your uniform will be ready for you when you come in."

"Alright then." Nova nodded and he shooed her away with a wave of his hand so she left his office. "Christ almighty."

"You get the job?" The bartender asked.

"Yeah." Nova sighed.

"I'm Harry." He introduced. "And you're...?"

"Nova." She smiled. "Hey, does he give away jobs that quick all the time?"

"A lot of the girls quit recently so he's looking for anyone that wants it, really." Harry responded. "He's a dick but the pay checks are fairly generous."

"Good, 'cause I need money." Nova said. "I'll see you on Monday, I suppose."

"See you Monday." Harry waved as she left.

"Was that the best job you could get?" Venom asked as she started walking home.

"With no GCSE's? Yes." Nova grumbled. "It's not bad, could be worse. I've been through  worse than wearing a short skirt and showing my tits off."

"Yes, but you should not have to anymore." Venom stated.

"It's all I can do to pay the bills, V. We have to keep low because of literally every part of my life." Nova explained, coming up to their flat building.

A woman was outside of the building, trying to haul heavy boxes into her arms, clearly struggling. Nova went to walk straight past her and realised that any normal person would try and help, possibly, so she looked down at the woman.

"Hey, you need help?" Nova asked.

She stood straight, tilting her chin up because she was shorter than Nova. She had blue eyes and blonde hair with full lips. She smiled up at Nova who gave her one back. The woman was dressed in a baggy t-shirt and leggings, clearly in a rush.

"If you wouldn't mind." She smiled.

"Not at all." Nova responded.

"I'm moving into the building. Do you live here, too?" She questioned as Nova lifted a heavy box as if it was nothing, the woman grabbing a lighter one.

"Yeah, I do. Um, um 1404." Nova said as they started to walk upstairs.

"I'm opposite, 1403." She smiled.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot he moved out." Nova hummed, remembering scaring the man into moving flats. "Better now, though. He would blast music loud enough for the things on Mars to hear."

"I assure you, I won't do that." She giggled, following Nova.

They stopped outside of her door and the woman unlocked it so Nova could place the box down. It was empty apart from some fumitories like a settee and a coffee table. Nova moved to leave with a smile.

"Oh, I'm Nova, by the way." She introduced, unlocking her door as the blonde leant against her doorway with a grin.

"I'm Ashley."

{698}