。44 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

Six Months Later
The Life Foundation

"Test 36. Biological interactions between two differ y organisms." Dora mumbled as a yellow symbiote snarled lowly, sliding out of its into a neighbouring one. "These creatures need to bond with a respiratory host in order to Irvine for any amount of time in an oxygen-rich environment."

"Well, why are all these hosts showing this hyper-acute reaction?" Carlton asked her, watching the yellow and black goo slide closer to the white bunny.

"That's what we're trying to find out." Dora replied, looking at a screen to see how the bunny was coping. "The bonding process is starting. It's equalising."

Carlton chuckled to himself, proud of his achievement as the bunny walked around the container, his back bumping a little with the symbiote before it calmed.

"But why?" Carlton started. "Why this rabbit?"

"It's similar to an organ transplant." Dora replied.

"Huh." Carlton hummed. "Where the diner and the recipient must be an exact match?"

"That's correct." Dora nodded.

"Okay. So, wait, think about it. If we do achieve symbiosis, they should be able to survive here but also we would be able to survive there." Carlton mumbled.

Dora huffed a chuckle, "'We'?"

"Begin human trials." Carlton ordered.

"Oh, it's way too soon to even begin to think about something like-"

"Dr. Skirth, you're at the forefront of a scientific breakthrough. I need you to hold your nerves. Alright?" Carlton shot back.

"I understand, but it's an ethical question-"

"Think of future generations. Think of your kids. Hey, how are your kids?" Carlton asked and she stared at him nervously. "Let's begin human trials. Good work. Oh, and make sure one is sent to Dreykov."

"W-which one?" Dora questioned, swallowing thickly.

Carlton scanned the room of symbiotes and then the bunny. Looking to the black shining one, he pointed to it, "That one."

{315}