。7 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

It was lunchtime and, like usual, Nova had to take her plate down to the small library towards the end of the academy. She liked it in there. She liked to trace her fingers over the tattered old spines of the books when no one was looking. It often made her wonder who else had been reading the books and what were they like.

Lunch today was a salad. The same as everyday this week. Pieces of cucumber, tomato, spinach, sweet corn, peppers all cut up on a bed of lettuce. It often made Nova feel like a rabbit because the portion was never that much and it was never nice. No seasoning, no salad cream, just plain boring salad thrown into a dish and shoved towards her.

Nova pushed open the large oak doors of the library with a huff of power, now happy to be out of her ballet uniform and in leggings again. It creaked as it opened and she figured she was the person that sued it the most, if not the only person. She never saw any of the other girls in here, just their teachers to retrieve the books for their lessons such as maths, biology, literature and Nova's favourite, space. They would always go on about something greater being out their, like a substance but Nova just thought about aliens

The soldier followed Nova in and found her searching the book shelf for her next project to read. This was his job and it was the one he preferred if he was allowed to have a preference at all. The child's eyes snapped to him as the door slammed closed and she gulped nervously but he just gestured to the shelf, motioning for her to choose a book.

Nova would often find that they would be gory, murderous and horrific unless they were educational books. Her small hands searched the shelves for the next book she was going to read until her fingers gripped the spine of what looked to be a newer one. She glanced down at the book and the title read Misery. It was Stephan King, an author that seemed to pop up in the library more than any others. His stories were gory and unfit for children but Nova found herself become gripped by his way of words over time, wanting to read more of the pages every day.

The soldier led her over to a small circular table where they would usually have to do their lessons. Nova pulled out the wooden chair, sitting down on the plush, cushioned seat and shuffling it forwards with a few loud bangs, huffing in annoyance because her legs were too short to touch the floor and she was too weak to move the heavy chair without her legs. The soldier stood from his seat and pushed her chair in so she was sat properly at the table and she nodded in thanks, unsure of whether she was allowed to speak.

"Read out loud." The soldier ordered gruffly, sitting down in his chair, leaning his arms on the table as the child shuffled in her seat before opening the book in front of her.

Nova started to read out loud in the library, stuttering through some sentences. Over the two years she'd been here, her speech had improved massively but it wasn't enough to please Madam B. She seemed to have plans for Nova, only the girl didn't realise how special she was to Madam B's and Dreykov's plan. She seemed to believe she was the same as everyone else in the academy, all having the same abilities. Yes, some weren't as bright as others but overall she wouldn't call them dumb.